Another rear end question

Stormed_Norm

Well Known Member
O.K. Have my axles, my posi unit. Now I figured I better overhaul the third member. Yukon gear has a kit on their website for $198.56. Ecklers is $139.99. Now other than the price. Why the big difference? Also any members sell a over haul kit? I was told Yukon bearings are Koyo's, and Ecklers are caged bearings.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I used Koyo. My buddy says the Koyo used in the posi kits are made in the old Timkin factory in Ohio. Who knows?

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I have had some failures with Yukon in past years and will not use their products.:no No problems since I quit using their offshore stuff.

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I have had some failures with Yukon in past years and will not use their products.:no No problems since I quit using their offshore stuff.

The diff I purchased off of you had the suspect yukon product. I got the spider gear issue solved by a 8 3/4 chrysler guy who knew the whole story behind the scenes on offshore yukon stuff. Two purestock drag events and some serious street action, been alright.

Quik9r

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
So the ring and pinions are ok? That's what I bought just a couple days ago. For a stock 8.2 ,10 bolt posi unit.

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
the only issue I know was posi spider gears for the 55-64 chev diff. Ring and pinion you can have shot peened to relieve and treat for better wear I believe, ask nasty 409 what he did for his corvair ring and pionion for "ugzillia". Marv asked me to have them shot peened at a place close to home for better hardnes?

Quik9r

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I had two other failures of Yukon parts, both were gear sets. They were noisy, and premature wear. I will not use any of that stuff again. Maybe other people have better luck with that stuff, but not me.