Antique Auto Battery Closed now where for batteries

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Information I have received is that Antique Auto Battery formally located in Ohio has closed. If you have a show car of virtually any make you had to use their batteries or lose many points. I have several of them and another of our members has several also. They don't seem complicated and they are licensed through GM,Ford and Chrysler for the plastic replica case and inside is a modern gel cell 12V or 6V battery. Works great on my 409 cars.
Anyone know of another company making them or any one interested in making them the market is definitely out there!
Robert

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I know someone who went to the retail store to check and definitely closed. The website was down but can’t explain that as you can’t contact them now by phone either
Robert

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Information I have received is that Antique Auto Battery formally located in Ohio has closed. If you have a show car of virtually any make you had to use their batteries or lose many points. I have several of them and another of our members has several also. They don't seem complicated and they are licensed through GM,Ford and Chrysler for the plastic replica case and inside is a modern gel cell 12V or 6V battery. Works great on my 409 cars.
Anyone know of another company making them or any one interested in making them the market is definitely out there!
Robert
That sure sucks!!
I have three of there battery's and one finally died last year and they are all over ten years old!!!!

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I learned this morning that their domain website was renewed Feb 14th it appears you have a grace period before closure. I also have 3 of them two are in great condition one is down to about 450 CCA. Just maybe they will be back but I don't know where as it appears the shop closed in December I have been told.
Robert

That sure sucks!!
I have three of there battery's and one finally died last year and they are all over ten years old!!!!

mike s

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
The website for Antique Auto Battery is still up and running. I just called the 1-800-426-7580 number and got through. Sales department answered call as Jim's Antique battery. Lady advised antique battery went out of business last year and Jim took over and they are up and running for business. They had my information in computer from my last order 8 years ago. Placed my order for battery for my 409. Advised of a 3 to 4 week build time. Took my credit card information and will not bill me until build is done and will email me when done with tracking information. I will see how it goes.

mike s

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I just ordered the DC 12 with the yellow caps for my 62. I specified what caps I wanted. 8 years ago when ordered my last one they sent it with the black caps and i had to swap them out.

Last edited:

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
The website for Antique Auto Battery is still up and running. I just called the 1-800-426-7580 number and got through. Sales department answered call as Jim's Antique battery. Lady advised antique battery went out of business last year and Jim took over and they are up and running for business. They had my information in computer from my last order 8 years ago. Placed my order for battery for my 409. Advised of a 3 to 4 week build time. Took my credit card information and will not bill me until build is done and will email me when done with tracking information. I will see how it goes.
Mine did not go well have credit card company working with me :mad