Anyone into guitars??

Hans Larson

While I am on this forum, anyone into guitars and music? Got a few guitars and keyboard and even a lap steel. Is there anyone else around playing and making music? Love to hear from you all.

7b.jpg

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
WELCOME HANS. How about the car? Is that a '61 Buick Electra?. My neighbor has a black "61 Invicta. Leo

Hans Larson

Yeah it is one of my all time favorites (can I say that on a Chevy forum??), my ´61 Electra 225 Conv. Would love to see a picture of the ´61 Invicta. Had my ´61 for 10 years now and right now being restored. Looks like you like Buicks too.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
It really doesn't matter what car you currently drive to enjoy this site. By the way.....Welcome Hans. :clap Eventually you might even get talked into putting a "W" in that Buick.:bat Nice looking car by the way.:love

:crazy:cheers

Hans Larson

Interesting to put a W into the Buick but I think the nailhead will do..... Got a 348 six-pack in the ´59 Impala so I got the W too.... ;)

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Hans, I'm a crappy guitar player. I used to play in a crappy band. Our motto was "the more you drink, the better we sound"

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Me and "WENGINE" used to keep Budweiser in business back in the day.:cheers Jim, Did your band ever play on Long Island ? I've heard that band play somewhere.:dunno

:crazy:dance:cheers

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Played bass in several bands 59-62. Got tired of no money/no future and gave it up for the military. Several of my friends went on to music careers and died of drug or alcohol related problems.
No regrets.

I've played since I was about 12 years old... and still do.
No country , hill-billy, or 50's sock-hop fluff here:no;)
1960's/70's Hard rock / blues style... mostly my own stuff.
Guitar is a 1971 Les Paul Custom that I bought in 1985. Got the corresponding early 70's Marshall amp
and 4 X 10" cabinet a coule years later.
I also play a little drums, and I sometimes put together melodies on or electric keyboard.
Have bass guitar as well, with a VICIOUS old Traynor bass amp ( this thing will drown the Marshall ! )

We still have a 11 and 13 year old at home, and I like having the instruments available for them. It's something you can keep all your life.

instrumentsfeb132009lespaul.jpg

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I don't play guitar so much as I play with the guitar. :roll I don't know if anything I play sounds like music but it is good enough to amuse myself:beerNow that I'm thinking of it I might crank up the distortion for a little Neil Young hey hey my my

61 tripps

Well Known Member
Hans, I play guitar and pedal steel in a part time band for fun. Into southern and country rock in NJ. Have a 1979 strat and single neck fessenden steel. 61 Impala bubble top and 66 GTO are my other toys. Larry

Robert Jacobson

I've been playing guitar for forty years. Used to do it for a living, usually play every day still but only in my recliner. AC/DC, Judas Priest, and UDO type stuff. I have seven Les Pauls, four flying v's, three explorer's, and five sg guitars, all Gibson. I play nothing but Marshall 100 watt heads (seven) dating from 1969 to 1979. I have a HiWatt stack of 1973 vintage, but never play it, just once when I bought it. I have nine 4x12 cabs, five slant and four straight. Blando, Vince Neil's guitar player, (he also plays in Slaughter, is personal friend of mine as we used to play together years ago. Been playing a lot of acoustic stuff lately, haven't touched an electric in about six months. The reason I have all the 4x12 boxes is because I rent them as I do sound production. (jrsoundco.com)

Robert Jacobson

I don't play guitar so much as I play with the guitar. :roll I don't know if anything I play sounds like music but it is good enough to amuse myself:beerNow that I'm thinking of it I might crank up the distortion for a little Neil Young hey hey my my
Nice looking amp. What year is it? The head looks like a 1979. If it is, the serial number will end in the letter L. Good stuff. I have a Les Paul custom that I bought new in 71, a black one too. If the cabinet is stock, it looks like somewhere between 1975 and 80.

Hans Larson

Hans, I play guitar and pedal steel in a part time band for fun. Into southern and country rock in NJ. Have a 1979 strat and single neck fessenden steel. 61 Impala bubble top and 66 GTO are my other toys. Larry

Oh, I just want to learn how to play pedal steel, might even buy one soon (looking at Sho-Bud and Mullen). I have a lap steel and just trying it out... You got a couple of my favorite cars, ´61 Chevy bubble and ´66 GTO. Almost bought a ´66 GTO Conv a couple of years ago, still hoping to get one. What model of GTO do you have??? Pics please....

bbq2

Oh, I just want to learn how to play pedal steel, might even buy one soon (looking at Sho-Bud and Mullen). I have a lap steel and just trying it out... You got a couple of my favorite cars, ´61 Chevy bubble and ´66 GTO. Almost bought a ´66 GTO Conv a couple of years ago, still hoping to get one. What model of GTO do you have??? Pics please....

bbq2

Just bought a set of Yamaha drums. Used to play 40 years ago. I always regretted giving up music, but like Cecil I was tired of the starving artist gig. Setting up my old audio system from the 80's. Mark Levinson with Magnaplanars. Hope to be rockin soon.