Are the front wing posts available repro for a 63?

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Well...took your vent window frames and rear quarter frames out this afternoon to Performance Plating. Now I haven't had anything chromed in probably 10 years.
It's cheaper than your quote Bob so here goes................rear quarter window frames $350 for the pair...$175 each. The vent window frames were $300...$150 each....$650 total. Plus they have a disposal fee of $52 for a total of $702. They can have them done in 2-3 weeks. Sleep on it and advise..................

bobs409

Administrator
Sleep? After hearing that!!! :scared :furious

Have you tried "leaning on them" a little for a better price? :bat :D

Seriously, I don't think I have much choice. Let's get this over, "pull the band aid off quick!" :yikes

Let me know about payment and if they need a deposit or anything.

Thanks Phil. :)

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I called them and told them to proceed. Other than sending me a deposit of $3504.09...everything else is good to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll send you a PM.

Last edited:

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
You lot are a riot:laugh

On a serious note there were 7 Chrome plating companies in the south Island of New Zealand, some to Cadmium and anodizing as well.
Now there are only 5.
Two have closed in the last 6 months
Prices due to go up.
The reason for the closures is Chinese imported chromed items believe it or not.
Things like the legs of chairs, clothes racks for stores, chrome shelving (mesh type stuff etc) was their main income.
Us guys are only 10% or less of their business

Next we will have to get plastic bumpers chromed in China
I think i can hear the chinese saying "Noo rite wait ninteen sixy free Zee Ereven made in China, wiff factoree rite wait parts"

Steve

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I thought that deposit figure was about 20 bucks high, should have been $3484.09.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Maybe it was too low Ron and Phil was giving Bob a discount should have been $4094.09 or $4254.09

Steve

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
63ventframe1.jpg 63ventframe2.jpg 63ventframe3.jpg
A pair of show chromed 63-64 2-door hardtop vent window frames and 62-64 Impala 2-door hardtop lower rear quarter window frames for sale. We had these done for a customer and it's been too long waiting for payment!!!!!!!!!!! Normally never had a problem with this certain customer but maybe NASA has him locked up for his public comments about our "wonderful" President!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PM me if you are interested!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh2:laugh2:laugh2:laugh2:laugh2

bobs409

Administrator
SOLD! Hey wait a minute, those are mine!!! Crook, thief! :tantrum

You did get the check didn't you? Yeah, you're just messin with me. :D

They look shiny from here. Can't wait to see them in person.

Thanks Phil. :drinking