As the build continues on ....

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Finally got another gig working for HP! So as soon as I dig outta my current money hole work will begin again!
The job is working with big iron or big azz servers, 8' tall and 4 x 4' with 6000 gigabytes of storage running 194 CPU's in each of it's186 blade servers. My kinda fun!
The only update's I have are a wasted throw out bearing after a very long end of summer burnout and that th400's have a large amount parts in them!
More to come!

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
3098310.jpg

All I want for Christmas is my Hat and EFI plate!

Spare a car junky some change anyone??

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Been awhile huh?
Been buried in the GF's Medicare issues, her 9 strokes, couple dozen seizures 4 or so major gran maul ones 40 + days off and on ICU with another 40+ in general hospital stays. Learned that seizure medication eats blood thinner medications, to bad the doctors did not learn it as fast or she might still have use of her right arm.

And I learned also that no matter who or what your live in or married situation is get a Power of Attorney and a Medical Power of Attorney on them and yourself. And I mean today. Because if you don't you have ZERO say and ZERO influence on what happens. We got one and I have had to use the MPA several times. Cost is no more that 300 or so and the peace of mind is well worth it!!

Far as the build goes

New fuel system is almost done with new tank w/sump, an 10 up and back, electrical is in pieces as I found some bad spots in my trunk mounted battery cable, old motor is just sitting in the frame and the new one is no finished.

That's where it's at today....

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Mike,

Wondered why youwere keeping a low profile ? Our prayers are with you and GF. We re just down the road if you need help.

Bill

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks Everyone! Now that the meds are getting somewhat on track things are getting better. And I seem to have some mad skills as a hair washer / hair braider per the GF. Just one of those things you never expect to have to do but do your best when faced with it. Oh and long long hair like waist long is a PIA to braid ...

Some progress this week - interior is out for the refurbish, redoing the sound deaden-er and updating the electrical while the seats are out. Best time to crawl under the dash!!! New battery cable front the trunk is in and two an 10 lines are in. Yes an 10 and though a tad bigger than needed the Feed line is being split into two an 8 lines to the carbs to feed the blower. The return I could have done an 8 but I had a bunch of an 10 so it's all good.

Motor and trans this weekend will be out if all goes well. Need a lead on the main harness that runs from the fuse box to the rear with the fuel send wire. Is the fuel sender wire any specialty wire or? Or a complete harness if someone has one...

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Before my update some random ramblings -
So I quit smoking and now everyones an asshole does not matter whether I liked you before hand or disliked you.. you are now an asshole. That was my thoughts for mid May this year till about a month ago. I am happy to say no one died during my transition to a non smoking just smoking hot x table top dancer.
You would think that quitting smoking and trying to get somewhat healthier a person would escape the ills of misfortune. Nope! A higher power has nothing but the complete opposite planned for you. It all started one 4th July while munching on some grilling s and fine black stout beer. A twinge in the toe an itch nothing more. Then after a night of hot tubing and whoring my big toe is swelled up like a potato. Red burning itching MF that by day two I was looking for an Ax to remove this offending appendage. For those who are in the know of what this is you will have several items twinge or shrink with the very mention of it's name "This King Disease" Or lovingly called FKng Gout. So now I have quit smoking, stopped drinking, stopped eating steak been drinking nasty water and walking more. I hate vegetarians even more now... The for a awhile there's peace. Least as much as an X smoking beer drinking fiend can have while eating a plate a lettuce. Then two days ago some bastard of inviable origins decided my left toe deserved the same so they could be twins.. how thoughtful. Luckily I have drugs to resolve this.

Far as the car the fuel system is done and the back half re-wire is completed and baring some other issue the rest of the wiring should be done this weekend along with the motor and trans being pulled and stored.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I smoked years ago, quit in 73. 2-4 packs per day. The hardest part at first was when I was at a bar (everynight) and I didn't know what to do with my now free hand from not holding a cigarette. Until I learned the secret...............................hold a drink in both hands:drunk

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
[QUOTE=" I learned the secret...............................hold a drink in both hands:drunk[/QUOTE]

Since learning that Clear alcohol has little to none of the crap that causes the uric acid build up I am leaning towards moonshine ..... might help me with chasing down a chicken for dinner every night....

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I've got a bottle of Jimmy Johnson's white lightning that I couldn't get past my lips but once. I bought it for the container anyway, I think it looks cool :). Want the contents?

We all hope that things get better with you and yours.

Best,
TomK

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
[QUOTE=" I learned the secret...............................hold a drink in both hands:drunk

Since learning that Clear alcohol has little to none of the crap that causes the uric acid build up I am leaning towards moonshine ..... might help me with chasing down a chicken for dinner every night....[/QUOTE]

The clear alcohol is interesting, a friend of mine who had sclerosis of the liver, he drank Gin which according to the doctor is the worst thing? During a visit to the hospital I was there during the discussion and I asked him what was best to drink, he said Brown liquor, Bourbon, Scotch?

Since he specialized in this area I drink Gin very seldom but fortunately always liked Bourbon.

Bill

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Guy I used to buy vette parts from (Tommy, he picked up your hood for me) had spots on his liver from shine, had to quit for a while. His telephone message says "Leave a message, I may be busy, I quit drinkin, but I still hunt and smoke a bit of electric lettuce now and then". Not sure if he drinks shine now or not, but he hunts coyotes, among other things.

Don

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Sitting out in the boat was the hard part when I quit smoking in 83. Beer in the hand fixed the missing feeling.