August 24-26th Rock N Race at Dragway 42 newly remodeled with 13 million dollars invested in the track

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I had my share of wins in dial in but when it mattered I lit the red. Oh well. Best time was 11.64 @ 116 mph. The mph was a new best. More work to do. The track is fantastic! Rain spoiled dial in on Saturday and Saturday night I thought the camper was going to need a sail and an anchor. Drying the track Sunday morning took forever with threatening sky's but we snuck by. Air was nasty and everyone was off a couple of tenths. I'd do it again in a heart beat. More later.

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Denny took runner up in the heads up shootout in the muscle car class. Bryan Fugate took runner up in heads up Hot Rod 2 class. Then Lonnie Scott (AKA Assassin) was down to 6 cars in Hot Rod 2 and broke out by .02. Denny Ford went out with 5 cars left in Muscle car Breaking out by .02 and Dave Weslowski was down to 6 cars in bracket class ( sorry Dave I didn't see what you lost by). Great time was had. Awesome facility pretty sure everyone liked it, will know in a few weeks what will happen at this event next year could replace the Bowling Green event ( because I definitely won't be going back there)

Last edited:

DIV1RACER-2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Fantastic facility , :clap:clap:clap it is really spacious with all paved roads in the pits , grass manicured , layed out nicely and it is not finished !!! Traction was great , sunday morning after the rains i slipped the tire a bit it but it came around as the day went on !!!!! A large turn out of some really neat and interesting cars .. I had a great time , won a little bit and came home w/o any broken parts ... Made 13 passes including time trials and eliminations w/ a stick shift car and was not under it once !!!!!!! YEAH :appl

de31168

Well Known Member
Dave Weslowski was down to 6 cars in bracket class ( sorry Dave I didn't see what you lost by)

I lost by .014 :( considering he was .01 off his dial and i was .26 off mine you can guess the holeshot i had to even be that close. Dont know why the car laid down so bad. A little better light and i could have held him. Oh well. Was a great time and very nice to see everyone. Just got home. Work comes early tomorrow!

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I lost by .014 :( considering he was .01 off his dial and i was .26 off mine you can guess the holeshot i had to even be that close. Dont know why the car laid down so bad. A little better light and i could have held him. Oh well. Was a great time and very nice to see everyone. Just got home. Work comes early tomorrow!
He's a tough competitor and great guy, I've raced with him since the mid 90's. You did a great job and almost edged it out, he ended up winning the event.

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Forgot to mention Ricky set a new personal best of 13.34 and 102.23 mph. And Ray as he already mentioned went a he's best mph of 116 with plenty left in it once he gets his fuel issue figured out. Mark as usual always chipping away at it, he even got to take his daughter down the track. Brian went a best of a 9.22 I believe

Silent Sam

Supporting Member 1
We had a great time at dragway 42. I have not had the car out much this year and it was nice seeing
everyone again. The track is totally awesome, I would go back there anytime. The boogeyman ran its
usual high tens/ low elevens all weekend with no problems. Thanks again for everyone involved with
Saturday nights dinner, it was excellent.

Tom Geib

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Click on the "Watch on Facebook" That thing is a weapon. Rays car is not slow either. Cool vid, cool cars:beer. What was your 60' Brian?