Auto funnies

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
There were several types of split rim wheels. Chevy had one from the late 50's to mid 60's that my dad called man-killers, they were 2 piece but went together almost in the center. He said if you ever ran them flat they would wear and not hold as well. My 65 C-80 has a 3 piece wheel, the main part, the ring and a smaller locking ring, they're much safer.

Wasn't in love with either. Damn center ring always got bent up on the 3 piece.

I liked to play it safe. When having trouble inflating a floater front truck tire I'd go with a can of starting fluid, spray liberally into the tire, throw a Safety Match at it, then when you heard the explosion, you immediately hit the stem with air. It's just that easy......:winner Always remember to be safe and close the cover on the matchbook.

Last edited:

wristpin

Well Known Member
Wasn't in love with either. Damn center ring always got bent up on the 3 piece.

I liked to play it safe. When having trouble inflating a floater front truck tire I'd go with a can of starting fluid, spray liberally into the tire, throw a Safety Match at it, then when you heard the explosion, you immediately hit the stem with air. It's just that easy......:winner Always remember to be safe and close the cover on the matchbook.
You should be called Double Cat cuz you got 18 freaking lives!!!