Azz Wipes wearing Azz Hat's

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Un!@#$ing beliveable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's ship these Commies off to Commieland along with the Rats, BLM, Antifa, and the Alphabet Mafia!! That's right after a good old-fashioned azz beating!!

Mark

62BillT

Well Known Member
That's my local High School in the picture. That should be big news around here. It's the first I've heard of it. Sure does not fit the extremely conservative school board we have here. Sounds like someone fabricated this.

Edit:

A quick research found it to be true. But it's not the Flag, but the size of it. Here is a response by the school board:

"A recent news story raised concerns about the Student Driver Contract for the Bedford County Public Schools (BCPS). The contract, which has been in place in all three of the high schools for over a decade, prohibits student drivers from flying large flags or banners on their vehicles, due to their potential to distract or obstruct the view of student drivers as they are navigating the school parking lot. The underlying concern for this rule is student safety. As expressed in School Board Policy IEA: Promotion of Patriotism, the school division is committed to teaching students good citizenship skills that include respect for the country, the American flag, and the sacrifices of service members and their families. In partnership with several local patriotic organizations, BCPS is proud to announce a community fundraiser to provide complimentary car flags and decals of the American Flag, of appropriate size to be safely displayed on vehicles, for junior and senior student drivers. If you would like to support this initiative, a monetary donation can be dropped off at any of the following locations:

Bedford Boys Tribute Center, 102 North Bridge Street, Bedford VA 24523

National D-Day Memorial, 3 Overlord Circle, Bedford VA 24523

Bedford Welcome Center, 816 Burks Hill Road, Bedford VA 24523

American Legion Post 54, 231 West Depot Street, Bedford VA 24523

100% of the proceeds collected will be used to purchase American flags and decals made in the United States. Students, who are interested in receiving a car flag or decal, will be notified through their school administration when these items are available for pick up at The Bedford Boys Tribute Center. Thank you for your support of BCPS students!"

Last edited:

62BillT

Well Known Member
To add a little extra, the video is just one of those to provoke and cause mis-leading attention.

The topic of it "Virginia High school REJECTS The American Flag" is totally not true, as stated above.

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
You would think the school would have an American flag flying, would that not distract the young drivers????? :dunno

62BillT

Well Known Member
The school has a US Flag flying high daily on the front lawn. It's the parking lot where the issue is.

The rule was implemented over 10 years ago. Although I see their point about obstructions in the lot, this may have started because of Confederate Flags flying in the back of trucks. For a while on Friday nights there would be gigantic Confederate Flags flying in the back of pick-ups riding around town. Before everything went woke, Confederate Flags were brought to area schools. This may have been a unique way to calm what some found disturbing. Just to ban all large flags flying on vehicles brought to school, parked in school lots.

There is also a flip side to this. No one can fly a large Rainbow flag as well, thank goodness.

Last edited:

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
When I was in the military, the base commander said all soldiers had to wear reflective vest and helmets. So when I was on base, I did as I was told. However, :D, I would stop at the gate, in front of the MP's and take them off when I left, and stop and put them on when I arrived. The students can pull out of the parking lot and put what ever they want on their vehicles as long as they are not on school property. There are options.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
To add a little extra, the video is just one of those to provoke and cause mis-leading attention.

The topic of it "Virginia High school REJECTS The American Flag" is totally not true, as stated above.

It would seem that this has been blown way out of proportion as your post states Bill. However with this being said there is a lot of hate for our Country and flag floating around.

Mark

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
That's my local High School in the picture. That should be big news around here. It's the first I've heard of it. Sure does not fit the extremely conservative school board we have here. Sounds like someone fabricated this.

Edit:

A quick research found it to be true. But it's not the Flag, but the size of it. Here is a response by the school board:

"A recent news story raised concerns about the Student Driver Contract for the Bedford County Public Schools (BCPS). The contract, which has been in place in all three of the high schools for over a decade, prohibits student drivers from flying large flags or banners on their vehicles, due to their potential to distract or obstruct the view of student drivers as they are navigating the school parking lot. The underlying concern for this rule is student safety. As expressed in School Board Policy IEA: Promotion of Patriotism, the school division is committed to teaching students good citizenship skills that include respect for the country, the American flag, and the sacrifices of service members and their families. In partnership with several local patriotic organizations, BCPS is proud to announce a community fundraiser to provide complimentary car flags and decals of the American Flag, of appropriate size to be safely displayed on vehicles, for junior and senior student drivers. If you would like to support this initiative, a monetary donation can be dropped off at any of the following locations:

Bedford Boys Tribute Center, 102 North Bridge Street, Bedford VA 24523

National D-Day Memorial, 3 Overlord Circle, Bedford VA 24523

Bedford Welcome Center, 816 Burks Hill Road, Bedford VA 24523

American Legion Post 54, 231 West Depot Street, Bedford VA 24523

100% of the proceeds collected will be used to purchase American flags and decals made in the United States. Students, who are interested in receiving a car flag or decal, will be notified through their school administration when these items are available for pick up at The Bedford Boys Tribute Center. Thank you for your support of BCPS students!"
Yep, typical www bs. Thanks for checking it out and giving us the facts.

Sounds like a good school board.

Later
Dave