Back to work - NOT

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I went for a drug test today, then a visit to the knee doctor. He extended my time off for 30 more days for some injections and change in therapy.

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
No, it was a torn minescus surgery that went well. The cartilage is still very painful so he is starting some lubricant injections.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Synvisc? I've done that injection in both knees a few years back. Takes a bit of time to take affect, but it was effective. Allowed me to play noon Basketball with the guys for a few years until I finally bit the bullet and had bilateral knee replacement...

Speaking of surgeries, Tommy how is that new hip? Both of you make sure you do the Physical Therapy, that was the key for me :).

My wife tells me hips are an easier rehab than knees, and she speaks from experience!

Best wishes for full and speedy recoveries for the both of you!

TomK

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Synvisc? I've done that injection in both knees a few years back. Takes a bit of time to take affect, but it was effective. Allowed me to play noon Basketball with the guys for a few years until I finally bit the bullet and had bilateral knee replacement...

Speaking of surgeries, Tommy how is that new hip? Both of you make sure you do the Physical Therapy, that was the key for me :).

My wife tells me hips are an easier rehab than knees, and she speaks from experience!

Best wishes for full and speedy recoveries for the both of you!

TomK
Tom,
So far the hip replacement is good. PT starts tomorrow. My surgery was Wednesday, came home Thursday, that night was rough when the hospital stuff wore off but the pain isn't bad now. Just have to use this walker for about a week then progress to a cane

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
One of my friend''s called and said he fell and broke his hip in his late 60's,so they put a new one in and now he is also recovering . Fell while working in his garage.what a bummer!!!!!!!

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Tom,
So far the hip replacement is good. PT starts tomorrow. My surgery was Wednesday, came home Thursday, that night was rough when the hospital stuff wore off but the pain isn't bad now. Just have to use this walker for about a week then progress to a cane
Hope your rehab goes good Tommy. Mine was 3 years ago and I can still you when it;s gonna rain !!
:crazy:cheers

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Hoping all you guys get healed up and back on the road. After a few wrecks and a couple years of hard work, I know what you mean K9 about the weather changing. I'm just happy to be feeling something................:scratch:scratch