Bad news guys, but for only me...

Junky

Well Known Member
Got a call from my doctor today. He told me that he had some bad news and some really bad news. I said give me the bad news first. He told me that I have only 48 hours to live. I asked what the really bad news was, and he said "I was supposed to call you 2 days ago to give you this news"...

I told this joke to my Cardiologist when she called to give me the results of my tests... I told her that I studied long and hard, and that I should have passed them both. She said that I passed the blood test, but failed the cardio test. Now I am on medication, and playing the waiting game while they decide what to do next. Anyone need some Spring Carlisle spaces??

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Got a call from my doctor today. He told me that he had some bad news and some really bad news. I said give me the bad news first. He told me that I have only 48 hours to live. I asked what the really bad news was, and he said "I was supposed to call you 2 days ago to give you this news"...

I told this joke to my Cardiologist when she called to give me the results of my tests... I told her that I studied long and hard, and that I should have passed them both. She said that I passed the blood test, but failed the cardio test. Now I am on medication, and playing the waiting game while they decide what to do next. Anyone need some Spring Carlisle spaces??
Were you having some noticeable issues?

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
they have come a long way in the last 10 to 15 years. you will be alright. i had a mi when i was 39 loosing my
front artery. that was in 89. do what the doc says. best of luck jim

Junky

Well Known Member
Thanks guys.. I had a cardiac surgery about 12 years ago, and it all worked out well that time. Had my gall bladder out about 6 years ago, and they took about 4' of intestine 3 years ago, so I have become accustomed to being cut up. It hurts for a while, but in the end, you are better off. I will find out in early May, what the next plan of attack is going to be. In the meantime, I just keep chugging along, huffing and puffing, as if I were a smoker who can't catch his breath. Never smoked, and that is the good news part of this. The repertory doctor says that my lungs are good and strong. Thanks again for all the well wishes. I am shooting to celebrate my 100th birthday down the road!! Only problem will be by then, is that Social Security and Medicare will have run out of money by then, paying to keep me going for all those years.:D

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Wish you the best Junky like others have said they've great strides in the medical field. I've only been cut on once for my Rotator cuff, Hell I still have my Tonsils yet and since I've said this I'm probably gonna pay something terrible.:rain:D

Mark

Junky

Well Known Member
I'm on meds until May 8th, when they will reevaluate me for the next step. It isn't getting me down, and today was nice, so I got a lot done outside the house. I just pace myself not to get overworked, I am fine. Even took my plow off the tractor, and put the bucket loader back on. Went fairly easy this time, because usually I have to muscle it around a bit to get everything lined up and the pins installed. Thanks for the well wishes. Junk