Barn find?

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Am I correct in that the frame numbers are on the top of the frame? That's where I remember finding them on other X frame cars.

If so, how do you get access without separating body from frame?

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That's definitely a Biscayne cowl tag but the interior is Bel Air, Tom. That's a pretty common thing for people to install and I've seen a lot of it in Biscaynes. I think it's just because Bel Air interior stuff is easier to find than Biscayne pieces. Here's my mostly original paint Tuxedo Black '62 Biscayne with Aqua Interior. The only thing I've replaced on the inside is it the rear package tray.image.jpeg

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Mark:

Good eye, thanks for noting that!

The interior has been redone (it was Fawn from the factory) so I suspect that's when it was changed over. We think more than 25 years ago, when the car was painted and more than likely the interior replaced with Red.

TomK

RCampbell

Well Known Member
Local racer Jimmy Rogers ordered a new red 62 Biscayne...reportedly ordered and delivered with a red Belair interior. Jimmy worked at the Terrill Chevrolet parts counter. Maybe he had some help with the request. Jimmy later ordered and received a Z16 Chevrolet!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Heard back from the seller last night, title matches the VIN and cowl tag (expected). Plans are to reconnect out there and use Russ' suggestion on the VIN tag (slip a feeler gauge between the rivets). It worked on my BA348 car :).