Barn pics of projects

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I have my own personal "barn finds" so to speak. I get out there every once in a while. It's a remote place where I keep stuff stored far away from my prying spouse's eyes. She rarely goes out there, and when she does, she never enters any of the barns we stash our stuff in :).

I had the chance to zip out there over the weekend (32 miles away) as I had sold a Corvette project to a local enthusiast (Yes, I do sell a few things once in a while). I had hoped that one of my two boys would take me up on this 1978 Corvette project as a "Father-Son" deal, but neither took the bait. So I figured it best to let someone else have it and move on. Barb has never seen any of these vehicles, so let's keep it that way, OK?

A couple photos depict the C3 Corvette project now sold, the others are of a 1962 Chevy and a 1966 Pontiac Catalina. My Dad's first new car EVER was a 1966 Catalina, so I had to have one. His was a hardtop.

It is fun to go into your own barn once in a while and to "rediscover" some treasures you buried long ago that someday will become future projects. I guess that's what happens when you get older :).

Enjoy!

TomK

Attachments

• Unwelcomed Visitors and Corvette Cup pics 4.8.2009 007A.jpg
    Unwelcomed Visitors and Corvette Cup pics 4.8.2009 007A.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Unwelcomed Visitors and Corvette Cup pics 4.8.2009 013A.jpg
    Unwelcomed Visitors and Corvette Cup pics 4.8.2009 013A.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Unwelcomed Visitors and Corvette Cup pics 4.8.2009 008A.jpg
    Unwelcomed Visitors and Corvette Cup pics 4.8.2009 008A.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 116
  • Unwelcomed Visitors and Corvette Cup pics 4.8.2009 009A.jpg
    Unwelcomed Visitors and Corvette Cup pics 4.8.2009 009A.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Unwelcomed Visitors and Corvette Cup pics 4.8.2009 010A.jpg
    Unwelcomed Visitors and Corvette Cup pics 4.8.2009 010A.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 97

oil4kids

Well Known Member
My Friend Tom,

What is with the bird droppings on roof of the 62-

You know that it contains acid and other goofy stuff, It can eat a hole right thru the metal

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Good suggestion!

Yeah, I need to hose those babies down. Just think what it's doing to the convert top on the Poncho...

Gotta remember, this is a barn on a farm :). Sheeet happens!

TomK