Barrett Jackson 1962 SS Z-11 w/aluminum front end

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1962-CHEVROLET-IMPALA-SS-409--188647

This will be going thru the auction on Thursday....Lot #776. Probably late afternoon...early evening I imagine. Car is owned and restored by Willie Smith. Willie had the Terry Prince and Frank Sanders 63 Z-11 that he also restored. It's been about 15 years since I've seen this car but when I saw it originally....it had the most beautiful black paint job I had ever seen!!!! It's just stunning!!! We built the engine for it.
Hope Willie does well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
What TV stations is the auction going to be on this year???

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

409envy

Well Known Member
Awesome car... looks like he drives it? You can see a fuel leak on the intake manifold and some dirt on the pedals... Love it!

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
A question for Pat or Phil.I noticed from the pictures that car has exhaust manifolds on it.In the z-11 service package for 62,did they use the 63-64 hp exhaust manifolds or the 62 center dump style?

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
They used the 63-64 425HP exhaust manifolds. The ones used in 62 had different casting numbers.

Well Known Member
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1962-CHEVROLET-IMPALA-SS-409--188647

This will be going thru the auction on Thursday....Lot #776. Probably late afternoon...early evening I imagine. Car is owned and restored by Willie Smith. Willie had the Terry Prince and Frank Sanders 63 Z-11 that he also restored. It's been about 15 years since I've seen this car but when I saw it originally....it had the most beautiful black paint job I had ever seen!!!! It's just stunning!!! We built the engine for it.
Hope Willie does well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Seems like someone got a hell of a deal on this one. What a nice looking car with such rare parts! Wow!

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
The 63 409 before that only sold for 62k. Funny that 409 parts are very expensive to purchase but when you put them all together the complete car doesn't sell for much