Barrett Jackson 1962 SS Z-11 w/aluminum front end

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Total cost to the high bidder for this 62 SS 409 Hardtop aluminum front end -- $82,500 (10 % per vehicle to the seller) plus $500 to be a bidder. + they charge 10 % to the seller + the entry fee to the seller.

1. A 61 Impala 409 5 speed Hardtop(# 463) Black and Red -modified interior - sold Thursday for $ 98,000 or actually $107,800
  2. Also a red 60 Impala 348 Powerglide Convertible tonight (#796) sold for 121,000 including the 10 % buyer fee -looked very nice with close up pictures walk around the car of the TV camera -skybox buyer bought it -I think the guy is from Florida with a museum.

• Also watch on Saturday, Floyd Garretts 62 red Belair bubble top 409/4 speed (#1302 - it sold one or two years ago for $220,000. Its for sale again).
  • Plus watch a 62 SS 409/409 4 speed convertible Nassau blue/blue interior tonight yet (#983 ) sold in 2008 at Barrett Jackson -Las Vegas for $ $ 62,800 .
  • Plus watch or look up under their results -61 Impala 409/360 HP Black Convertible 4 speed (# 1073) -says undocumented car. I think it sold before at Barrett Jackson -selling on Friday
  • Plus watch or check 62 SS 409 convertible (# 1142) - I think this one has been at 2 or more Meccum auctions did not sell since it had a reserve. selling Friday.
  • Plus 61 Impala Hardtop 348 tripower and 4 speed black (#1052) -on Friday
  • Plus 58 Impala 348 convertible (#1128) Tripower powerglide -on Friday
  • Plus 58 Impala 348 convertible (#1174.1) tripower Powerglide PS PB etc. -on Friday
  • a unique 57 Chevy El Morocco Convertible (# 1356) Saturday - only 5 of these made I think

There are other 58 -64's for sale.

Paul

Well Known Member
A complete 62-63 409 425hp engine Date codes , casting numbers , correct .From Oil pan to air filter will be close to $20,000 if not more with high quality parts . Correct me if I'm wrong. The 63 that just sold for 75K at Barrett-Jackson with it's Providence went for cheap.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
A complete 62-63 409 425hp engine Date codes , casting numbers , correct .From Oil pan to air filter will be close to $20,000 if not more with high quality parts . Correct me if I'm wrong. The 63 that just sold for 75K at Barrett-Jackson with it's Providence went for cheap.
The 63 sold for 62k, the 62 sold for 75k. You are right, it was cheap

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That is the trouble with a no reserve auction like Barrett Jackson. I would never sell one of my cars without a reserve.

No reserve at BJ- for those "connected" does not seem to be a problem. Back in 2007 a pair of tanker 63 split window coupes were sold together, they were owned by Proteam. A month after the auction, you could buy them from Proteam, they were back on their lot. They sold for cheap, I don't remember the price.http://www.hotrod.com/news/1963-tanker-corvettes-for-auction-at-barrettjackson/

1074326.jpeg

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Lots of these guys have their own bidders planted. They're not going to take that kind of loss.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That article you shared Tommy is exactly how it really it. Sharks and games. Thats all it is. The House always wins, just like Vegas! Know that and you'll be OK. But There is a lot of interesting tactics behind the scenes for sure!

Floyd's car sold last year I believe. Will be interesting to see what a year did to its value: Up or Down.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Paul says that Floyd's car sold last time for 220k, I thought it was in the 185 range but I could be wrong.
Another interesting car to watch for me is lot #1052. That is the black 61 Impala. I restored that car in the early 2000's , sold it to a felow in Ca., he sold to someone who added the SS equipment and ran it through BJ about 2005 or 2006. At that time it sold in the high nineties, with the sale fee it totaled 105k. The original person that bought it from me now own's it again and is running through today. It will be interesting to see what difference 10 years will make.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
There is a red Diamond T truck selling this after noon that I had my grubby hands on.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Sold for 75k, not good but not bad considering what others are doing and it is a 15 year old restoration now.
I thought the fact that it had all the lite weight alloy gear would have boosted the price. Even for some one with a numbers correct race car that the lite weight stuff was missing off they could have bought thus got the parts they needed and put steel back on and really sold for pretty much same money
Jmho
Steve

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I thought the fact that it had all the lite weight alloy gear would have boosted the price. Even for some one with a numbers correct race car that the lite weight stuff was missing off they could have bought thus got the parts they needed and put steel back on and really sold for pretty much same money
Jmho
Steve
Steve, Tommy is talking about the 61 Black Sport Coupe he restored some fifteen years ago...:read

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Sorry guys. I thought you were talking about the 62.

My bad. I'll butt out now.

Steve