Barrett Jackson

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I was on my way to buying another 69 Z-28 Camaro when I came across this forum. It was all you folks here that changed my mind..... At first it was going to be a 61 Bubble top. (Still want one) & (a 62 bubble top). However, after a thorough study of the Z-11 and all the history shared on this forum , I purchased a 63 with the QB engine. I knew that the Elusive Z car would never be available or affordable..... But with the help and encouragement of the veterans of this site, I'm as close as I ever will get to the fabled 427.

It is true that the newer generations are not following in your foot steps per se.... It's not only the 348/409's.....It's also the Hemi, wedges,421's and the Hi-Po Fords. Restoration of these cars is getting, if not already, prohibitive. I can tell you all in no uncertain terms, that without luck and "payment" terms, I would not/could not, do what I'm doing now. So....I'm not one of the younger generation coming on board.... I'm on the other side of the bell curve, but I'm hooked on the "W". AND.... it's all of your fault.....In short, this forum, and the people on it, grabbed a guy off the Camaro train. .....So thank you again for keeping me, a self employed, past middle age man with 2 kids in college........broke:)

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I’m looking for a 69 Camaro :) :) :) :) :)

Pat,

Back in 2014 at great bend, the Pontiac with the W engine in it was sold to a guy that has a tire shop down close to where Floyd Horton Lives.
I think it was parsons KS? not sure at the moment, had a name like rocky or something similar.
He at the time had 7 or 8 69 Camaro in his shed, some race cars and some original
Might be worth a look.

Floyd may know who he is.

Had a lot of old cars around

Steve

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I happen to be one of those camaro guys that has jumped over the fence...don't get me wrong, I still love my camaros, I've found I have broader tastes...I'm foaming at the mouth waiting for jack to ship me my own 409...my el camino is getting filthy sitting for 6 months...

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Just pulling Dennis’ chain :) since he said he was looking for a Camaro when he stumbled onto the W world.

I just thought I would turn it around on him:)

Actually, a silver 69 Camaro RS SS would be really neat.

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Phil, Delmer wouldn’t sell, a couple of years ago I tried to buy Grady’s Nova but he said no.
I understand completely, kind of like selling one of your kids..........hmmm......now I would have sold my oldest at one time :) :)

Dewman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Speaking of 69 Cameros, a friend of my brothers just bought a one (1)!!! owner Camero recently. His wife was taking a walk and noticed the car sitting in the driveway of a neighbors house. The gentleman had bought a new truck and wanted to park it inside, so the Camero needed to go outside. It had been parked 18 years ago when the clutch went out. 307, 3 speed on the floor. He was asking $3,250 an offer of $2,500 was given, they settled on $2,750......They are still out there.......just gotta keep your eyes open fellers!!

Attachments

• 16965.jpeg
    16965.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 16961.jpeg
    16961.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 16959.jpeg
    16959.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 16963.jpeg
    16963.jpeg
    82.9 KB · Views: 28

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Speaking of 69 Cameros, a friend of my brothers just bought a one (1)!!! owner Camero recently. His wife was taking a walk and noticed the car sitting in the driveway of a neighbors house. The gentleman had bought a new truck and wanted to park it inside, so the Camero needed to go outside. It had been parked 18 years ago when the clutch went out. 307, 3 speed on the floor. He was asking $3,250 an offer of $2,500 was given, they settled on $2,750......They are still out there.......just gotta keep your eyes open fellers!!

That's crazy, someone would sell a car like that for so little. That will fetch $20K just get it running again

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
With all these winds of change, sounds like those old w blocks are going to go down in value?:crazy:crazy:crazy

In spite of the move to an LS in BJ etc. , the demand for these blocks doesn’t seem to be declining, we’ve seen a number of new and younger people show up here wanting info on w’s. More looking to add efi too but the lure of these old 348’s and 409’s is not declining imho.
Take your w out for a drive and park next to a resto mod and you’ll still get your share of lookers.