Barrett Jackson

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
The decals come off real easily Dennis! I gave Phil lifetime rights to the front fenders, but that's HIS lifetime so we can work around that!

grenade-toss.gif

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Let's talk about that 62 bubble top!!!!! :brow

View attachment 67967
That pic brings back fond memories. Years ago, I went to Island Dragway in Great Meadows, NJ, to bracket race my '67 GTO. Beautiful day. Alot of cars there. I saw 2 '62's there, I think both bubble tops, named Wooley Bully 1 and Wooley Bully 2. Both powered by 409 engines. WOW, could they go. Don't recall the times, but they were quick. I think seeing them began my interest in 409's, although I didn't act on it until years later. A late bloomer I guess, Carmine.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Carmine, The original Wooley Bully is a post car built by Carl Bucks. Carl Then built the Bubble top Wooly Bully. Carl's sonic-law, Steven Moyer. Took over the post car and Carl, the bubble. Third generation is now involved as Steven's son, Philip is doing some driving of the original car. Carl has built a 409 powered Nova, the Wild Child. A truly great family. They usually have one or two of the cars at the Mason Dixon race. You'll have to see about attending so we can all meet!

CarlBucks.jpg

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Yes Dick, that would certainly be nice meeting you. Thanks for sharing that info. I know I was impressed with what I saw that day at the drags. First and last time I ever saw a 409 race. I really believe that started the fire to someday own one. Not only was it a great day to see these 409 powered cars, but I also won in bracket racing. Ran several passes and kept on winning. Got a nice 3' trophy. The GTO was running so strong on street tires. Consistent 14.2 time's. Then came time for King of the Hill trophy. A 6' tall beauty. Went up against a rail job who had to spot me a 5.5 second start. Never forgot that car. Named Nasty Girl. Pretty girl driving it too. Made a good light and hole shot. Hitting all the gears nicely. Just hit 3rd gear and pulling real hard. I could see that rail shaking and coming on. Shifted into 4th and didn't think she would catch me. The next thing I knew, I thought a 747 went by me. She won, but not by much. Great race. Great day, Carmine.