Batride

Batride

I'm pleased to join the group! I don't presently have a "W" block car, although I still have a warm fuzzy for them. While living in Illinois, I owned a 1959 convertible, 348 tri-power 4-speed and then a 1963 Impala 2-door hardtop 425/409 4-speed. I followed in the footsteps of my Dad, who bought a saddle-tan-on-saddle-tan 1963 Impala SS 340/409 4-speed NEW. I want to find the owner of the latter car - my Dad's - so I can share information I have about the car. I have a variety of invoices, records and communications with Chevrolet management from that era, as well as a couple of old photos. I also have a kinda raggedy, well-used dealer parts catalog, which includes listings for all RPO Z11 "Sport Coupe" parts.

The car was originally ordered and purchased through Yanson Chevrolet in Chicago Heights, Illinois with minimal options; limited to the 340/409, 4-speed, 4.11 posi, (although delivered with a 3.36), white stripe tires and tinted windows. He later installed a .030" over, higher compression dual-quad engine with numerous modifications. I inherited the car from him, but was forced to leave it behind with a friend to sell when I moved to Florida in 1974. When I last saw the car, it had the original 409 short block in the trunk, a Hurst shifter, Doug's headers and all the period performance manufacturer stickers in the rear quarter windows. I never knew who bought the car or where it went, but found an old ad for it for sale at a Ford dealership in Delavan, Wisconsin - date unknown. Unfortunately, the dealer did not respond to my inquiry about it, even though I included their own inventory/stock number. The VIN is 31847J219921.

If anyone has knowledge of the car, I would greatly appreciate any info you can provide; or pass on to the owner so he can contact me.

Many thanks.

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Glad you joined.Thats awesome that you are going out of your way to try and find the current owner.My 63 was bought off a used car lot in 1967 by the previous owner who had it for 43 years.I would be so grateful to hear from the person that bought it new.Hats off to you.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Welcome, Batride.:clap Like everyone else has stated. I hope you find Dad's car.:appl