BAYLEIGH, 3 in 1 Metal Brake.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Have been thinking of purchasing, one of their Brakes.:dunno Supposedly, made in the USA. Not sure.:dunno2 First, checked out the Harbor Freight models. They were Cheaper, but looked cheap.:confused Anyone, have any experience, with this Brand? They look well built. Probably, won't use it, all the time. I do have many projects, with my car's and house. I am having an argument, with myself.:rolleyes Do I really, need it.:dunno Thanks.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
BAILEIGH. I looked at some of their stuff, seems ok. I seriously doubt made in USA, maybe assembled in USA. Better then harbor freight for sure.

bobs409

Administrator
I don't have any experience with that brand but if I recall, they are quite pricey with their stuff. At least for bead rollers & dies that I looked at a while back.

Funny thing, today I started converting my 36" Harbor Freight bender into a box/pan finger joint brake, it's something I've been wanting to try for a few years. I also watched some video's on you tube of some great improvements you can make to these and will be doing some of those too. From what I could find, I might be the first to convert one to box/pan type with the removable fingers. I couldn't find anything on it anyway...

Tuturial to come...

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I did see a guy, on YouTube. (Puddin) He made a HF Brake really Kool Looking.:appl There is a video on YouTube, Bob about doing fingers on a Brake. I can't remember, if it was a Home built unit or not.:dunno I believe, some of Eastwood's items, are rebranded HF stuff. :doh That's what I read, about their Throat less Shear. As soon as Eastwood painted it BLUE, the price went up.:confused

bobs409

Administrator
I did see a guy, on YouTube. (Puddin) He made a HF Brake really Kool Looking.:appl There is a video on YouTube, Bob about doing fingers on a Brake. I can't remember, if it was a Home built unit or not.:dunno I believe, some of Eastwood's items, are rebranded HF stuff. :doh That's what I read, about their Throat less Shear. As soon as Eastwood painted it BLUE, the price went up.:confused

Yeah, think a lot of these places buy their stuff from the same guy in China and put their own colors on it. It's that way with many products out there...

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
As said, Baleigh is pricey. And many companies are re badging the same Chinese tools and raising prices. I have several pieces of Harbor Freight shop tools. I use some pretty often and have had very few problems. I have a 48" box/pan brake. Only had and issue with one connector that I made a piece to replace. Probably because I might have been bending too heavy of metal. But they stopped selling them. I've thought about the 3 in one machines and I would probably go with HF, but I just don't have any room for it.

bobs409

Administrator
There are only a few items I bought from Harbor Freight that I did not like. Unless your running a big production shop, I could never justify spending a lot on a sheet metal brake, for me personally. The one I have sits in the corner and I use it probably once or twice a year IF THAT! :D

And, since we like tinkering with things, "improving" tools is always fun. There are a lot of video's on how to beef up the H.F. unit. I still have not found anyone that converted one to a finger joint type but I'm well into my conversion and it's looking like a simple enough process. (the only time consuming part is that you're working with thick metals so cutting, drill and milling is more time consuming. I created a hell of a lot of chips yesterday! :D

I considered that 3 in 1 tool from H.F. many times but never convinced myself enough to actually buy it. (space is also a problem)

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
:dohBayleigh wants $ 392.00 Shipping and Handling, for their $ 795.00 Machine, to my zip code.:dropI guess, the HF brake, doesn't look that bad, now.:rolleyes We have a store, around the corner from us. :clapFREE Shipping.