Bees.....

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ok I know this is kinda off topic & out of the normal. I was wondering if anyone has had bee problems in a there pole barn. Mine was just built in October and I’m noticing every time it warms up I’m getting 4 or 5 wasps flying around in my ceiling? No cracks or spots for them to get in “at that I can see” I’ve shot those foggers off but that’s about it so far.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Our building had a wasp problem last summer, problem is it is 17" high. Kill 'em all, knock down any nests, "choot 'em" with those spray can things. And if you have any corners or crevices where they can start a nest, try to fill them with that foam sealer stuff. They are really good at finding places to build. Once they nest, it's kinda late.

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Our building had a wasp problem last summer, problem is it is 17" high. Kill 'em all, knock down any nests, "choot 'em" with those spray can things. And if you have any corners or crevices where they can start a nest, try to fill them with that foam sealer stuff. They are really good at finding places to build. Once they nest, it's kinda late.
I been looking hard for spots I’ve caulked a lot and I’ve been setting off those fogger sprays. My build is the same 17 ft I did get the insulation on the roof with the ridge vent mesh. My bigger problem is I’m allergic! :confused

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I didn't have any luck with the fogger-style stuff, plus all of the nests were outside. I was afraid they'd get inside. But those 20-ft spray cans are like target practice. I bet I went through 20 of 'em! They were cheap at Home Depot.

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I didn't have any luck with the fogger-style stuff, plus all of the nests were outside. I was afraid they'd get inside. But those 20-ft spray cans are like target practice. I bet I went through 20 of 'em! They were cheap at Home Depot.
Yeah that’s my problem I’m finding them inside, yesterday I worked out there all day but the doors were closed, today there 4 or 5 flying around on the inside.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Many years ago, we had those Large Black and Yellow bees, under our porch. :eek1You know the kind. They hover around, and then chase you.:hide I was told, they drill circular holes in wood, to make their nests. After putting up with them for a few month's, we found a guy, in our local newspaper, that will take the nest's out for FREE. He told us, they extract the chemical from the nest, for anti Bee Venom.:yikes He waited till night fall, and crawled under our back porch. Within a minute, he crawled back out, and brushed himself off, and said Sorry, your nest is much too large to remove, and away he went.:dunnoA couple days later my son and I bought 6 or 7 cans of Bee Spray, and sprayed everywhere it would reach.:eek3 Then we went into the house. We didn't use the back entrance, for a couple weeks. They were flying around crazy. After awhile we started finding Bee bodies, on our driveway. Then they were gone.:appl

425/409ER

Well Known Member

Put up those fake Hornet nest looking things and you will never have a Wasp problem again. Did it last year and no wasps. Hornets are Wasps enemy's.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Tempo SC Ultra is a good pest control. It works on most of those flying critters. You have to mix it with water and spray with a pump style sprayer.

62BillT

Well Known Member
I just wait till night time and hit them with the 20 Ft shot stuff. The worst problem is getting the spray on stuff you don't want to get it on.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I think those "wood bees" are called "carpenter bees". We had two of them burrow holes in our redwood deck (they seem to like redwood). I tried several sprays, but they kept coming back. Finally hired a pest control company, put him on standby. After a few treatments he solved the problem. Cost me $450 but he also did the spider treatment thing inside. We have grand kids visit overnight and my wife freaks out at the thought of them (or us) getting Brown Recluse spider bites... Now he comes every two months for whole house treatments.

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
So yesterday I went out in the morning started doing some caulking around my building and got lucky saw one sit on the back of my building by the end of my roof cap. I got on ladder with 2 cans of spray and blasted those suckers. They flew inside building and dropped dead there must have 60 dead ones on the floor!:scared2

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I just wait till night time and hit them with the 20 Ft shot stuff. The worst problem is getting the spray on stuff you don't want to get it on.
Exactly, yesterday I had to spray inside as well I had a bunch flying around as well after a couple of hours. 4 hours of clean up afterwards :furious

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well let’s hope caulk and spray foam took care of the gaps. I wasted a perfectly good day of great weather that could have been used fixing my 63. I’m definitely get those fake hornets nest and wasp traps!! I also have a guy who sprays my last house use to get ground hornets those dam things were huge but once he sprayed a few times never seen again.