Belair interior question

rocketman

I bought my 62 belair 2 door hardtop 6 pass sport coupe (bubbletop) without any interior. Nothing no seats trim panels nothing. In the back seat did all belair hardtops have the wider seat out to the trim panel with the armrest bolted to the trim panel? Or were some like the Impala with the armrest and ash tray built out from the trim panel with the narrower seat and upper filler panel. Or did the biscaynes only have the bolt on armrest and belairs were like the Impalas? I've seen high dollar restored belairs both ways, which is correct? Thanks Dave

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
62 Ht

Belair 2dr Hardtops had the narrow seat without the speaker but with the filler panels on top and armrest bases on the bottom. Sedans had a wider top and bottom seat.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I'll post some pictures of my 62 BelAir, so you can see how everything came together.

Bill

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
How about a pic of that seat Bill?

I am going to take the 63 to storage and get the 62 this weekend. I have a complete front seat and the top half of the back seat in the trunk. I need to clean up the 62 and am going to sell the car soon. I should be able to get some pictures by Sunday.

Bill

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My 62 Bel Air had a 62 Impala seat in it, just wondering if the seat base itself was any different-thicker?- or if it will take a Cars Bel Air upholstery.

Don

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My 62 Bel Air had a 62 Impala seat in it, just wondering if the seat base itself was any different-thicker?- or if it will take a Cars Bel Air upholstery.

Don

The only difference I know of is the Bel-Air seat does not have the anodized aluminum trim and has the vinyl covers over the hinge bracket. Other than that I think they are the same seat.

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I went to the storage last night and took a picture. The seat is complete with tracks that are not bolted on in the picture. I kept it because it would be nice to see it used by someone.

There was a member on this site that should be a lot closer for you that I would check with to see what he has. He might even have the parts for Rocketman.

http://www.chevroletimpalas.com/

Bill

Attachments

• IMGP0314.jpg
    IMGP0314.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 45

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Belair 2dr Hardtops had the narrow seat without the speaker but with the filler panels on top and armrest bases on the bottom. Sedans had a wider top and bottom seat.

Was the rear seat speaker ABSOLUTELY not available with a Bel Air hardtop, or just not the norm?? My car had one when I got it....that had the little Bel Air emblem the same as on the passenger side of the dash right where the crossed flags/Impala emblem usually is for those. I've never been sure if it came that way or if someone swapped out the seat and added the Bel Air emblem. :dunno

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Was the rear seat speaker ABSOLUTELY not available with a Bel Air hardtop, or just not the norm?? My car had one when I got it....that had the little Bel Air emblem the same as on the passenger side of the dash right where the crossed flags/Impala emblem usually is for those. I've never been sure if it came that way or if someone swapped out the seat and added the Bel Air emblem. :dunno

The Bel-Air rear seat never had a speaker.