Bent exhaust pushrods.

Maxhawkins28

Well Known Member
What kind of reading for vacuum should I be getting once I check it ? I'm sure it will vary and I know I'm trying to get maximum vacuum for idle

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
What have you got for a cam in that engine? If close to stock[under about 200@.050],it should idle at 17 or better.

Maxhawkins28

Well Known Member
Yeah I'm pretty sure its just stock. I didn't replace it during the build. I assume its something vacuum related if she's having an issue trying to idle still so ill hook up the guage and ill check for leaks the best I can also is it better to run the distributor advance off of the times spark port or full manifold vacuum port from the carb?

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Edelbrock Performer RPM small port is the best,followed by a 540 Chevy intake[hard to find,more expensive than the Eddie],and the 340 horse 409 intake,in that order.

Maxhawkins28

Well Known Member
I put some j b weld over the crack ill check it tomorrow see if she's still leaking sort of bubble gum fix for now. With that edelbrock intake would I just use my same adapter I got on now or something different since its got two openings instead of the 4?