Best carrier for classic cars

Norm

Well Known Member
My neighbor has bought a car & needs it delivered from Las Vegas to central Indiana. I know there's threads already on this, but I thought it was easier to start new thread rather than hunt for past. He's more interested trustworthy carrier than cost. Thanks in advance for your suggestions......

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Intercity Lines. They have a website. Used them to transport runnable cars from Alabama, South Carolina and Louisiana, to NY. Good service, communication and they picked up and delivered when they said they would. That is a big plus. Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. Don't aggravate yourself with those other low ball estimates. I did that once with someone to transport from Montana to NY. Bought the car in mid April and saw it mid June. Promises, promises from them. Never again. Most companies are brokers who put the job out there for truckers who might be interested. I do believe Intercity Lines is family owned and operated with their own tractor trailers. Big difference to me, Carmine.

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I agree with Carmine about Intercity lines 100%.I have 69 gto on their truck as we speak.Totally professional from the office to the driver.They make it easy.

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I contacted reliable and they were 700 more than intercity for a move from Florida to NH.
Dave,I am not sure about the wing,I guess I have some research to do.

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
@Norm, I don't know if you remember, I went and looked at the 62 Belair when Rich had it for sale.

Then he showed me the red 62 impala and 409/409 engine separate and I bought the red impala and 409 didn't your buy if from Rich or PJ's?

Smitty09 now owns the red impala do you still have the Belair and you were moving too AL?

Did your neighbor buy the 61 from Vegas, I made an offer and my reply back was it recently sold?

Happy Motoring :drinking

Ted

Norm

Well Known Member
Bought from p j s. Sold 5 years ago when we moved back to Indiana. Only toy we have now is 2012 Challenger RT classic. Header orange. Only has 5000 miles on it. Never driven in rain. Thanks to everyone for info on carrier.....

Mesa Mike

Don't know if you've made your decision yet about a carrier. I had a car transported from central OH. to Mesa, AZ. 4 years ago by Intercity. Cost was comparable to Reliable Carriers. They (their driver Joe) kept in contact with me from when he loaded it till he was half an hour away. Was here when he said he'd be. No damage to car. I was very satisfied ! Good Luck,,,Mike.