Best replacement rockers?

Fltotheo

Well Known Member
As i‘m planning to change the rockers, and maybe some sheetmetal on my 62 i‘m looking for the best replacement parts. All the big sellers like Ecklers, Classicindustries, etc have them, but are these are all the same or are there differences in quality and fitment?

Thanks, Flo

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Since your 327 is stock,I'd say that most of them would likely be fair-ok,as long as you stay awway from the Elgin brand.A good upgrade would be the Cryo treated stock rockers from Competetion Products.They are reasonably priced, very strong,and as stamped rockers go,very accurate in the ratio department.These came into being because of a lot of circle track racing classes that require stock type stamped steel rockers.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Since your 327 is stock,I'd say that most of them would likely be fair-ok,as long as you stay awway from the Elgin brand.A good upgrade would be the Cryo treated stock rockers from Competetion Products.They are reasonably priced, very strong,and as stamped rockers go,very accurate in the ratio department.These came into being because of a lot of circle track racing classes that require stock type stamped steel rockers.
Your off your rocker Don!!!:D

Fltotheo

Well Known Member
Sorry for not being exact, and yup I meant the sheetmetal, so it’s Rocker Panels. But good info, anyways Don Jacks:good

Fltotheo

Well Known Member
And btw, I‘m still looking for a stock 327! Anybody?:D

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Fltotheo: You Can't, beat the prices, from Chevrolet Restoration World, for Body Panels.:appl

Fltotheo

Well Known Member
Fltotheo: You Can't, beat the prices, from Chevrolet Restoration World, for Body Panels.:appl
Just looked at their site, prices are really good! But how‘s the quality? I was wondering if these parts come all from the same factory, no matter where you buy em, or are there differences in quality?

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
And btw, I‘m still looking for a stock 327! Anybody?:D
I still have "Joint Venture's " motor anybody interested ? NO intake or carbs , No heads , No distributor . I will have to looka to see what ever I have left
Make a fair offer if interested PICK UP ONLY !07-16-2010 03_11_31pm_00.jpg It's a 1967 327Block

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I bought rockers thru Hubbard’s impala.They were very close to original,and only I only needed to do a couple of modifications to make it fit.I have all nos fenders,doors,and quarters so I don’t know about the other sheet metal.If you are replacing the whole rocker,make sure that you get the inner rocker and outer rocker that has an internal brace.There is a wheelhouse to rocker brace/cap that you will need as well.You will need to drill out the spot welds,so stock up on bits.Happy drilling.D49B7A9E-F6E4-43E6-9989-8B4D3B69E6EF.jpeg

Fltotheo

Well Known Member
I bought rockers thru Hubbard’s impala.They were very close to original,and only I only needed to do a couple of modifications to make it fit.I have all nos fenders,doors,and quarters so I don’t know about the other sheet metal.If you are replacing the whole rocker,make sure that you get the inner rocker and outer rocker that has an internal brace.There is a wheelhouse to rocker brace/cap that you will need as well.You will need to drill out the spot welds,so stock up on bits.Happy drilling.View attachment 57646
Thanks for the info! That wheelhouse to Rocker brace/cap, is that that cap that closes the rocker to the rear wheelhouse ( with two holes in it)?

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
For my Pontiac which uses the same rocker as Chevrolet I used Cars INC. and the same on my Bel Air. Quality is pretty good but the bends are not as crisp but I don't think any of the repo stuff is regardless of manufacturer. I to get around that I cut the rocker leaving the crisp factory bends at the rear of the doors.

Repair panels 1.jpgRepair panels 2.jpgRepair panels 5.jpg
Repair panels 3.jpg

Last edited:
As i‘m planning to change the rockers, and maybe some sheetmetal on my 62 i‘m looking for the best replacement parts. All the big sellers like Ecklers, Classicindustries, etc have them, but are these are all the same or are there differences in quality and fitment?

Thanks, Flo
I agree that he is talking about the rocker mouldings. They are all reproductions. I bought them for my 62 and they fit and look good, but if you want the best then you have to look for NOS which are rare and costly. Don't forget to buy new retaining clips. Hope this helps.