Best replacement rockers?

Fltotheo

Well Known Member
I know for 59 & 60, they are made by Sherman and sold by everyone and their monkey brother. Some with more mis-information than others.

Don't forget to check Summit, I've saved a lot of money in shipping using them. Like 200+ for this part:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/shi-731-45c

In short, it is the rear piece which transitions from the cab/interior to the trunk.
That’s exact what I was wondering! I couldn’t imagine that every seller makes their own sheetmetal parts. Like a engine stand, for example. You can buy one at Harbour Freight, eBay or Amazon it doesn‘t matter because they are all from the same factory in China

Fltotheo

Well Known Member
One more question, I just wanted to order the rocker panels and saw that there are different options: complete rocker panel assembly and inner/outer rocker separated with an internal support that can be bought, too! Has anybody an idea what’s the best way, and does anybody know if that rocker panel assembly has the internal support?

Dicey58

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I ordered all my metal from Rock Auto...yep, Sherman. All was good quality, and the prices...especially for my floor braces(for '58) were better than anyone else.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I ordered all my metal from Rock Auto...yep, Sherman. All was good quality, and the prices...especially for my floor braces(for '58) were better than anyone else.
You are so right. I just looked up some fenders for my 66 Chevy pickup and they are about $50.00 cheaper per fender and they are good mark brand. I never thought of looking on rock auto !!! Thank you.

Dicey58

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
You are so right. I just looked up some fenders for my 66 Chevy pickup and they are about $50.00 cheaper per fender and they are good mark brand. I never thought of looking on rock auto !!! Thank you.
You are welcome! Yeah, I accidentally ran across my stuff for the '58 just goofing off on their website. I saved hundreds. Couldn't believe it. Glad you found something you needed.

Josh

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Once you have a part number, don't forget to check out Summit. For my '59 once I found the part number, I found Rock Auto may have had a cheaper price, but charged for shipping. Even though Summit probably should have charged for drop or freight shipping, they didn't. And in case, that saved me $150 in shipping charges alone!

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Once you have a part number, don't forget to check out Summit. For my '59 once I found the part number, I found Rock Auto may have had a cheaper price, but charged for shipping. Even though Summit probably should have charged for drop or freight shipping, they didn't. And in case, that saved me $150 in shipping charges alone!
That could be but I did not go that far to check for shipping.