Best Wind Screen Rubber (wind shield rubber)

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hi Guys,

Have a large stone chip in my screen and am looking at changing it over the winter.
My insurance over here gives me free glass cover but excludes rubber replacements on old cars

What is the best rubber for a 1960 2DHT front screen on the market at the moment?

There used to be this bloke in Kansas City area that had a restoration company i think who was a good supply for this type of thing but im not sure how to find him now:D

The rubber that is in the car is only 10 years old but i would rather replace it as it does leak a little now and then

Steve

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
We have talked about this windshield/backglass rubber several times before on this forum and i have replaced 3 differant sets and had leakage problems with all of them but with caulking and liquid sealer was able to stop them somethimes after several tries.I know other members have had better luck with the steel brand or soft seal products which i did not use.If i ever do another this is what i would use.I have owned these cars one i have had for 53 years and they are not bad for leaking unless the rubber is dried out and cracked from age and to much sun,the caulking at least around the windshield/backglass does not seem to dry out that much however the caulking in the body seams does dry out and and causes leaks