Bias or Radial for bone stock 63 Impala resto?

Bias, radial, black wall or whitewall?

• Bias black wall

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Bias white wall

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Radial black wall

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Radial white wall

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I voted black wall bias. Second choice would be redlines. No where near correct, but I've always wanted a set.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I voted blackwall radial, more sizes available in radials at a good price. And some day you may want to drive it somewhere, what I remember about bias is they were always having flats.

Take my advice, that was post 1963, must be an omen?
Don

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Voted for the bias because of the limited driving. Otherwise I would use the radial nock offs

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
What about getting bias 1" white walls, and turning them to the inside, then if you want black walls have them changed back. You could then have both.
:dunno:think

bobs409

Administrator
Not a bad idea. Could always cover the white with some type of cheap black paint that could be removed easily. :idea

I'm all over the place in my head on this. I even shopped around on the net for regular radials but not sure I want to go that route. :gaah

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I think it's very hard to even find regular radials in 14", at least not much selection available.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I think it's very hard to even find regular radials in 14", at least not much selection available.
It is very difficult to find 14 inch tires now. They say the 205x14 is the replacement tire, don't buy them, they are way too small. Either 215 or 225x14 is best but I still say get the correct tire which is the 800x 14 bias. Just me, but I just replaced 4 perfectly good radials on my 64 Plymouth with a set of 800x 14 BF Goodrich tires. They just make the car look so much better.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
If you prefer looks of bias ply over handling and ride comfort of radials then you made your choice.
Yep, that's my choice but I don't drive my cars a lot. The two cars that I do drive, my 62 Corvette and my 63 Ford have radials, the rest have bias. I understood Bob to say that he didn't plan to drive the car much but, hey, it's his car, he should get whatever he wants