Big Cat Killed In Republic Washington

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
A gal my wife went to school with sent us this pic of her son's buddy that bagged this cat yesterday in Republic, Washington. It had been killing livestock, donkeys and horses. Killed with a bow.:brow

Couger Killed in Republic, WA.jpg

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I was deer hunting a few years ago and looked behind me for some reason and saw a cougar sneaking up on me, luckily I got to him first. Was a nice tom but nothing as big as this guy! :eek

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
If that picture hasn't been photoshopped, that may be the largest Cougar ever.
The record is about 300 lbs. (the cat weighed 276lbs with his intestines removed)

On the other end of the scale you've got the ultra rare Squirrel cat...

z_zps0b34b764.jpg

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I thought it was photo shopped when my wife showed it to me too but, she said her girlfriend said they had been trying to get it for some time so I think it is the real thing.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I don't think photo shopped but the depth perception is decieving in photos. Would like to know the size/weight though.

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Definitely smaller than it really looks tip to tip on the ears is wider than the guys shoulders. look at the dogs head peaking out from behind the guy that thing looks as big as a grizzly the way the pic is done.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
They weigh 125 to 175# here in Iowa. I'm suprised they aren't bigger with all the veninson availabe.