BigT

Good day!

Just joined, thank you for accepting my membership..

I've been working on cars pretty much my entire life. My father owned several Service Stations in the 60's - 70's, Texaco, Atlantic Richfield, Union 76, in and around the Seattle Metropolitan area. In the mid 70's, we had our own Transmission shop. While I had spent a number of hours with me dad at all the fueling stations, I really started working on cars in the early 70's when we opened our transmissions shop. Probably like most everybody on here, I began at an early age, around 11-12, getting my hands dirty. I worked with my father for about 7 years, when I went to work for another service station operator, a Chevron. Here I became a certified Mechanic, not only with through the Chevron Training Center, but through NIASE (which is now called ASE). I received certifications in every aspect of automotive repair except 1... Differentials! I stayed with this company for about 3 years when I was hired by a local school district to work in their bus repair barn. Here I learned diesel engine service, repair, troubleshooting and rebuilds. I worked in the bus repair business for about 6 years at which time I had a complete career change. I spent the next 30 years out of the car repair business (sort of)..

I keep my hands and brain in the car business. I currently have a 1965 Impala SS coupe. A 1967 Camaro SS 350, a 1969 Nova (grandma car 6 cyl), a 1969 El Camino and an odd ball, 1956 Nash Metropolitan. I have a stockpile of Impala Parts - nothing NOS but good used parts - just about anything you can imagine.