Bill Connell and his blue streak

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I purchased the video “the early year super stockers” ....from Bee On video .....I did not know how inclusive this video would be as to the Z 11...... if anyone would like live footage of Z 11 cars racing......Blue streak, Thunder, Strickler, Georgia shaker, Frank sanders, I believe at the Detroit raceway there’s a shot of the Terry Prince doing work ......I think it’s a must see.........with separate interviews of Hubert Platt, Bill Connell, Hayden Proffit Malcolm Durham grumpy Jenkins And Joe Gardner....... who was the driver of the north wind 62 Chevy.......Then they follow to Connecticut raceway in 63.....they show Strickler’s car on the ramp truck, prior to a match race with a Ford thunderbolt..... the Tasca Ford. they showed the two out of three races with ol’ reliable .....getting the best of the Ford ...... another match race with Malcolm Durham in his strip blazer Chevelle with the Z 11 motor getting the best of a Dodge .........all I can say is awesome video thank you........ Jim Amos

Last edited:

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4

This is the promotional video to the actual video ....at the end will be the phone number .....Jim Amos I believe the owner of the company ......fantastic guy .....I talked to him on the phone at length, thanked him for preserving drag racing history ......he’s an awesome guy........ if you buy three videos you get the fourth one free ........all you have to do is tell him what your interests are....... enjoy !!!!
This promotional video was originally posted by BSL 409 .... thanks!!!!

I did speak with Jim again .....and thanked him for his video .....I was very happy with the purchase...... went on to find out more about Jim.....that at one point he raced had a 406 Ford..... one of the original 28, I believe Mercury Comets and was also was part of a thunderbolt program ......so he not only loves his sport........ he participated ........And to this day he still races in 11 second 347 CU IN Mustang.......:clap:clap:good

Last edited:

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Some of the commentary or interview with Bill Connell.... he states .....that at one point he ended up buying “thunder” I believe that was campaigned by Bob Tucker, and that Bob was a “rocket scientist” no pun intended ..!!!.literally he was........And understood what weight savings could do .......and that Bob had replaced all of the nuts and bolts on that vehicle with aluminum ........Bill claimed that car was 200 pounds lighter than the other Z 11‘s And therefore quicker........I love hearing these stories....!!!!

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I can now attest, this is a great collection of film!!! Lot of Chevrolet appearances start to finish like Keith said. With a Ford racer narrating I’m impressed at all the Chevy interviews. Bought the 65-69 one also gotta watch that one asap.