Birdman

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I believe that Show Cars sells a Steffs pan that's made for that swap,you might check there.As to the exhaust,headers will need to be custom made,there are guys running the 2 inch manifolds.I don't know about the 2 1/2.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
What is the original color of your Nomad?
I bought a 64' Belair wagon 1.5 years ago due to my two boys in diapers having a bunch of junk to carry around. My family ran around in a black one back in the 80's. Dad sold it off when someone offered "to much money". LOL!

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Yes.......Small port heads
9F9C0C53-A376-42D9-B816-C26CE80BCB31.jpegE2196FD8-5603-4E2A-83B0-C830B4583AA6.jpeg
Note the intake bolt hole position amongst the intake runners ......the large port is the large rectangular shape that is not obstructed by the bolt hole .......the small port.... the rectangular portions are compromised for the bolt location

Last edited:

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
You might end up (depending on final mounting location) having to re-shape the firewall a bit to gain some clearance around the valve covers and/or distributor cap. You might also need to grind on the left exhaust manifold and steering box. There are several different mounting options. The side mount conversion is probably best, but there are also tabs that bolt to the front of the block and utilize the 6-cylinder mounting holes, and the Hurst-style saddle mounts as well. Moving the engine forward an inch or so solves some clearance issues, but may also cause pan problems.