Birdman

Birdman

Hi to every one.. I just got a 1960 348 4 barrel that I want to put into my 57 Nomad that has a 350 center bolt head engine in it now. I am looking for information on motor mounts, headers and will a turbo 350 trany bolt up to the engine? Any information will be appreciated. Thank you

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:welcome2Birdman.Yes the TH 350 is a direct bolt onto that 348.There guys that have done this swap that can help with the particular details involved.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome to this great site Birdman. Sounds like a fitting swap you're planning.

P.s. we really like pictures. ;)

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
HI, I was told that it was rebuilt a long time ago but has 1800 miles on it. I saw a video of it running in a 67 Vett, 35 pounds of oil pressure and not running hot.
Any idea of where the 67 Corvette is?????!!!!!!!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Never ever did I imagine someone would slip a 348 into a C2 Corvette :) :) :). Gotta see a picture of that!

Hmmm, I've got that stroker 348 with triple twos just taking up space (awaiting for me to make a move with the '61 Belair body) right next to a C2....

Birdman

Hi, thanks for the responses, Does anyone have a cure for the oil pan issue and the exhaust manifolds or header clearance at the steering box?

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Always loved those Nomad's, that will be a cool setup for the o'l Tri-Five.

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Was there that big of a difference between a 57 Nomad engine bay and a 58 Impala?

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
The 65 Pan won’t be as hard to find as the manifolds but both are rare and expensive. Make sure that’s exactly what you need before shelling out $2000 for those things.
Oh and welcome aboard!