Black Trash

lone 09er

Well Known Member
Does anyone remember Jack Cooleys chevy Black Trash from the New Orleans La area 409/z11 not sure I would love to see pics, or learn some history on this car. His home track was Laplace Dragway in Laplace La.

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Black Trash car was a Z11 car. My dad match raced him once but I'm not sure if it was a la. track or Houston Tx. track. Black trash won the race. A customer of mine named Charles Rogers who ran with those guys and told me the story about how bad the car ran when thay first got it. smoked real bad. They pulled it down and most of the rings were broken. My dad picked his car up at the rail yard in Dallas, then drove it to Friendly Chevrolet and checked the car in then drove it to Dan Deans shop, Precision Auto Service in Garland. He told Dan the car didn't feel right. Dan tore the motor down and found most rings broken. Theory was that someone in transit had went for a ride and added regular fuel. Dan put new rings in the motor and the rest is history. Charles Rogers had A very fast black 63, 64, Hemi car. Thats all I know. BT

lone 09er

Well Known Member
Thanks Barry I thought I would never get an answer, If that's the same Charles Rogers that once owned Dick Landys 69 charger, I seen him race at Southland dragway in La. early 70s. The black trash cars are legends in La, but before my time.

409z28

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Barry I thought I would never get an answer, If that's the same Charles Rogers that once owned Dick Landys 69 charger, I seen him race at Southland dragway in La. early 70s. The black trash cars are legends in La, but before my time.

409z28

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
09... Met Mr. Cooley here, (while sweeping floor) ha ha

Attachments

• Mike& Jake sign.jpg
    Mike& Jake sign.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 18

lone 09er

Well Known Member
Jake's I spent many days in there, remember the hurst shifter mounted to a trans by the register?