Blast Boys Tremec in his 63

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hi Guys,

My brother Dave (Blast Boy) has short term/long term borrowed my TKO600 for his Impala
He hasnt been on here in the last couple of days as he has just become a grandfather for the second time at 7:30PM our time last night

The impala had a muncie behind a 96 impala LT1, 260HP i believe

It had a 3.08:1 open diff in it and was pretty cool to drive

He was always going to put a OD box it it to try get the revs down when cruising, so i loaned him my TKO600 which is for the 61 until i need it (maybe 2 years)

So with some help from our Dad Colin, and his son Cory they set about the change

Dave will upload pics when he gets a chance and they have a video of machining the bellhousing that i think you will all find interesting

While at it he put in a 3.7:1 LSD diff head with strong backs on the bearing caps

Well Dave and Cory took it for a drive yesterday

I will let him tell you how it went but aparently it now has an extra 100HP and it is exciting to drive (telling by the smiles on faces)

Steve

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Don,
Lynettes 60 impala has a 454 fuel injected BBC in it (Mercruiser Marine injection system) big long runners etc
It has a 2.7:1 LSD 12 bolt in it
It is dead as a maggot until it reaches about 70MPH
Cam is a 1500-5500 RPM basic thing but the car has 307HP at back wheels
It realy is boring to drive so the 61 will have 3.7:1, tremec 5 speed and 380CI/348 and tripower for some fun

Dave has got some fun time ahead in the tyre department as the ones on his car dont seem to stick to the road as well as they did. must be less weight in a tremec i recon:lmao

Steve

Dewman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Steve, Did Dave fab up the trans crossmember or did he purchase one, I've looked around a bit and haven't found one for the Tremec in an X frame. Thanks

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Steve, Did Dave fab up the trans crossmember or did he purchase one, I've looked around a bit and haven't found one for the Tremec in an X frame. Thanks
Here fabbed the cross member up and it is real neat. I will get him to post a pic. Mike (58delivery) has a crosmember for a 700r4 that does the job with a very small alteration.
I think if I get a sketch drawn up you could get a local engineer to build it or do it your self for $50

Steve

Dewman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Here fabbed the cross member up and it is real neat. I will get him to post a pic. Mike (58delivery) has a crosmember for a 700r4 that does the job with a very small alteration.
I think if I get a sketch drawn up you could get a local engineer to build it or do it your self for $50

Steve
That would be great if you could provide a sketch, I have a friend that has a Tremec going in a 60 sedan delivery and I've got a Tremec for my project. The fab work is not a problem and if I don't have to re-create the wheel, all the better. Dewey Thanks