Blown 409 project

radegg

I just picked up a truck 409 cast# 3788068 and I have a Kohl 871 blower with Crower injection that I want to run on this build. I just want a reliable street engine maybe 5 to 7 lbs of boost. I plan on getting new pistons but Im not sure if the original crank and rods will be good to go. The heads are 333s will these work on a blown street application?? If anyone can help Thanks. I also still need to find a blower manifold that fits 409.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Send me your e-mail address and I will forward pictures of blower manifold and parts that are available from here.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I just picked up a truck 409 cast# 3788068 and I have a Kohl 871 blower with Crower injection that I want to run on this build. I just want a reliable street engine maybe 5 to 7 lbs of boost. I plan on getting new pistons but Im not sure if the original crank and rods will be good to go. The heads are 333s will these work on a blown street application?? If anyone can help Thanks. I also still need to find a blower manifold that fits 409.

I'm running a 671 blower on my sbc (I know its not a W engine) and learned a little along the way. If you plan on spinning it more then 6000 rpm, then a steel crank is recommended. Pistons should be forged. Don't know about the heads. Mine are stock. CR 8:1 or 8.5:1 . Double key the crank so it doesn't spin on the nose. I'm using the stock rods. Under driving it about 11 percent. About 5lbs. of boost which is plenty for me. Also bought a book at Barnes and Noble, sorry, don't remember the exact title, but it had alot of info re. super and turbo charging. Hope this helps a little. Best of luck, Carmine.

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The 333 heads are small port truck heads so you will need the small port blower intake or swap heads for something like the 583 , 690 or Edelbrock heads , Good luck sounds fun.

blown 409

Well Known Member
i can build you a small port manifold if you or any 1 needs 1 also have sheet metal tunnel rams single or 2 4 tops or fuel ing too, Tim

567trishop

index.php