Blue smoke

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sorry must not be as intelligent as you yes I read the post so what am I missing ? I just pulled pcv valve and it was full of oil? So I think I,m narrowing it down sorry if I ask to many questions I guess I can find a diffrent site to help thanks

No no. Your ok. Sometimes things in print sounds different than if the person was speaking with you in person. I myself have asked people for help here and one guy has been waiting weeks for me to simply walk out to the garage and pull the plugs and crank the engine. It happens. I don't think anyone is really attacking you. Hang in there. There may be other sites with info, but the combined information of most of the members here, and most members knowledge is much better than your average internet know it all sites that really don't have any experience other than what they read on the internet. And you know how reliable that is.

Victorniner

Well Known Member
Thanks in answer to don I do not know for sure was hoping not to have to pull intake am going to take her out tomorrow to see what happens when pcv is disconnected should I cap line going to road draft tube area or just let hose hang already capped carb opening

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Another way to check for an internal intake gasket leak, is to plug the oil fill tube and the road draft tube port, then add propane into the dipstick tube(use an old style propane torch and rubber hose). Start the engine with the propane valve off. At idle, open the valve, if the engine idle picks up, you've got an intake leak.

You said your pcv valve has oil in it, does the vacuum hose also have oil in it? It should not.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Leave that tube open for your test and put t least 30 miles at road speed on it and check for smoke.If gone or greatly reduced we can usually rule out rings.

El Rat

Well Known Member
Well the 690 ports are large and the gasket thin it’s easy to screw up. Also there are 2 or 3 gasket options including ZL 1 and 340 hp gaskets that won’t work. Someone on the forum can direct you to the right gasket. Don probably...

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Sorry must not be as intelligent as you yes I read the post so what am I missing ? I just pulled pcv valve and it was full of oil? So I think I,m narrowing it down sorry if I ask to many questions I guess I can find a diffrent site to help thanks
No. No. No. Don't go elsewhere. Nobody ask more questions then me and they haven't booted me yet :laugh4. They have a great deal of knowledge and experience. They are all willing to help and share. They just want to be armed with all the info possible so that a good suggestion can be made. You'll be the recipient of it, so please stick around, Carmine.