Blue Suede Cruise.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Jim: Do you think they would mind if we had a 10X10 "shade" tent anchored by "water bottles" on the asphalt side?
Robert

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Tenting

My unvarnished plans are to "tent" out, but I'm not even planning on bringing a tent. Probably will have sleeping bags, that's it. If it rains, we'll just have to sleep in the car or beg some shelter :). Not sure if I'll be there Thursday or Friday to start things off. What are others doing in terms of "first day"?

Cheers,
TomK

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Tom
I hope to be there noon time Friday.
Robert
It you don't find a tent or motor home space you can stay in my car trailer. Heh maybe you can "polish" on the car at night. It has two house batteries so I don't need the truck hooked to it.

wc chevys

Well Known Member
We are not sure if we are camping or going to motel. did someone mention a shower house at the track. We are planing on early fri. evening.about a 3 hour trip for us. have to work:cuss :cuss

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I'll never remember

Is there a plan for Name Tags? Tatoos on all the bald heads? Embroiderd hats for the more fortunate?

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Camping

So far we have 8 members that have paid there $25 for camping,we have 6 members that we be allowed to camp on the pit side and 2 members on the spectator side,if you do not have a 348-409 placard for your window you will not be allowed to camp on the pit side.If you wish to camp with the 348-409 group contact Nowalk (419-668-5555) and make the arrangements.Here's a list of Members that have paid there camping fees.

Pit side
1.Shan Dalley
2.George Allen
3.Bo Martin
4.Denny Ford
5.Ray Lehberger
6.Robert Street

Spectator side camping

1.Jim Kwi
2.Fatride

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I aintagonna pay no stinking camping fee. Gonna borow me a golf cart and ride around till I smell the best food or see who has the coldest beer. :brow :brow

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I'm in

Just talked to Pete. I am camping on the Spectator side. No grass on the pit side for a tent. $62 total 3 days.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
He said

He said he would put me by the 348-409 guys. That's all he said. I got the Impression there was room for lots more but if it starts to fill up he will have to sell the spots.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Club Banner

I found a good spot to display the club banner at Norwalk,I knew the flip top front end would come to good use for something.

Picture349.jpg

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
looks great but where will it go when you go on the track to try to beat Ray's 60' times. I guess it will fit somewhere on mine 'cause mine ain't going near "the tree"!!

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Robert, 2 or 3 inspirational beverages and you will be out there spinning tires with everyone else. 348s can navigate 1,320 ft. just as well as the 409s. :clap

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Robert.............tell you what. You hang out and drink beer with Ronnie...........and I'll be your designated driver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:doh :doh :brow :brow

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
This is going to be a fun event!:beerbang
We're getting things in order here and hope to be in Norwalk on Friday morning.:D
At last count it looks like about 20 348-409 cars will be there. Some of the cars are cruisers, and some are all out race cars. And of course there will be hundreds of other beautiful cars there. This is a really unique event because most of the cars take a cruise down the dragstrip. Some go all out but many just load the car full of passengers and take a leisurely cruise. There are photographers that take pictures of the cars on the starting line. It's worthwhile getting one of those.:deal It's neat to watch a national event from there knowing that your car sat at the same starting line as guys like John Force.:beerbang The W engine crowd will put on a good show this year. I think EVERYBODY will go home talking about them. I would urge anybody that's even just thinking of going to do what it takes and be there!:cheers

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I agree Jim,it's going to be Great to see you and Jim again.Are you brining your crew cheif (Winston ) ?
Denny Ford is bringing some DVD's,so don't forget your projection TV.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Yep, I'll bring the TV. But I don't think Winston's going to make it.:cry His back legs are giving out on him. He's still able to come to our local races but he's not going to be happy about being left behind on this trip.:cuss

Attachments

• NOV32005 008web.jpg
    NOV32005 008web.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 32