Blue Suede Cruise.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Blue Suede Cruise

To all that are going. Hope everyone has a good trip and a safe one at that. I have only meet Gerry & Shan in person on Jim's list but I feel I know most of you already with all the help everyone has given me on this site. Will be looking forword for a full report on the curise on Monday.

Dave

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
rstreet probably will not make Norwalk

I received a PM from rstreet,his dad has health problems,and he also has well problems.Robert I hope your dad is OK,and I hope your well problem gets resolved.

Here's Robert's PM

Jim:
I may have mentioned on a thread that we are having wells issues here in the county. It has absorbed me and my staff for weeks. It is a political issue,sod farm vs citizens wells. I am meeting with the commissioners this afternoon. Of course the press will be there so I wish we had a 348-409 t shirt because I would wear it. DQ would love it on the tv news at 6:00. The county administrator wants me to advise him on technical points in a letter to the Governor requesting revoking a permit.
Now my Dad is having breathing and pressure problems and my wife(medical profession) is thinking we should admit him to a hospital for further testing.
It is a rare thing for me to take a vacation that I enjoy even though it requires a 10.5 hour tow with the car. feel free to pass this on some how because I can't type this letter 10 times to everyone!!! I really want to be the only little 348 2 4 bbl car there but I am going to have to play Norwalk hour by hour.
To add to everything my well is at 19 inches of vacuum at the pump so I am almost out of water. I had the well driller guy down at the house last night so I will be needing a new well also!!
I will try to keep you informed hour to hour as to how this goes.
Robert.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
First...Robert...hope all goes well for you. I know I looked forward to meeting you and hope my remark about you drinking beer with Ronnie and me driving your car...didn't stop you from coming!!!!:roll :roll

Dave......thanks for the thoughts. I've got my Easy Rider CD in the Harley. I'll play "Born to be Wild" by Stepphenwolf as I pull out of the driveway at 7!!!!!!!!! I'll wake all the neighbors!! Also...have my Beach Boys CD with you know what!!!!!!!They will hear me at the race track before they see me!!!!:roll :roll :roll Since Robert is not going to be there............wish Cecil would come now!!!! :roll

She's real fine my 409!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bomar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Freds Helmet

I'm bringing Freds helmet with me and I have the dvds for those that want one.
I called Pete at Norwalk today and asked if we could pull in Thursday. He said they will be setting up and no one can enter the grounds until Friday. I asked if we could park outside the gate and stay in the camper and he said there is no room for parking at the gate . I thought I should pass this on in case anyone was considering it. See ya all there, Bo

Bam59

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
hi,,,for you lucky folks getting ready for Norwalk, be safe and have a great time.(if that can be done at the same time)take LOTS of picture's for us not so lucky. i know the first one was a blast. enjoy all,,,,,mike:cry

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Dad has done a turn around which he is famous for and is pretty strong last night and today so I loaded the Impala tonight. If improvements contine I hope to be on the road tomorrow night. Will be busy tomorrow but I think I can get most of it finished. I did order the cakes today in anticipation
Robert

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Dad has done a turn around which he is famous for and is pretty strong last night and today so I loaded the Impala tonight. If improvements contine I hope to be on the road tomorrow night. Will be busy tomorrow but I think I can get most of it finished. I did order the cakes today in anticipation
Robert

Robert,thats Good news about your dad,hows your well doing do you need a new well ?

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
First...Robert...hope all goes well for you. I know I looked forward to meeting you and hope my remark about you drinking beer with Ronnie and me driving your car...didn't stop you from coming!!!!:roll :roll

Dave......thanks for the thoughts. I've got my Easy Rider CD in the Harley. I'll play "Born to be Wild" by Stepphenwolf as I pull out of the driveway at 7!!!!!!!!! I'll wake all the neighbors!! Also...have my Beach Boys CD with you know what!!!!!!!They will hear me at the race track before they see me!!!!:roll :roll :roll Since Robert is not going to be there............wish Cecil would come now!!!! :roll

She's real fine my 409!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I appreciate the thought Phil. I wish I could make it but not this time unless you guys are still there next month. Looks like my trip back east will be the last part of August. I've got another possible load of aircraft parts needing to go somewhere in PA....the tail section and nose cone of an F4 Phantom. I hate dragging a trailer all around but if I haul it it should pay for my trip with a little extra. I may have to get a new rig if I keep doing this.
Take lots of pics...especially those showing certain members in embarassing and compromising scenes suitable for blackmail or at least a little public ridicule.:roll

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Robert,thats Good news about your dad,hows your well doing do you need a new well ?
Jim: Yes, I signed the well contract yesterday. The problem with it is that I am now drawing 19 inches from my suction pump hookup which calculates to almost 22 feet of water depth. These pumps will only draw to 25-27 feet due to some sort of physics formula.:roll I am having to go to a 4 inch well so I can get a submersible pump down in it, the well will be at the same depth. There are probably 150 wells in this area that the water has dropped in to where they are "out of water". This started within a few weeks of a sod farm pumping almost one million gallons a day. So it has become a real political finger pointing and CYA game. Luckily I wrote a letter to the state on the countyletter head suggesting that this approval was not a good idea and now it's cost me a new 155 foot $5,400 well!:bang :bang
Robert

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Jim: Yes, I signed the well contract yesterday. The problem with it is that I am now drawing 19 inches from my suction pump hookup which calculates to almost 22 feet of water depth. These pumps will only draw to 25-27 feet due to some sort of physics formula.:roll I am having to go to a 4 inch well so I can get a submersible pump down in it, the well will be at the same depth. There are probably 150 wells in this area that the water has dropped in to where they are "out of water". This started within a few weeks of a sod farm pumping almost one million gallons a day. So it has become a real political finger pointing and CYA game. Luckily I wrote a letter to the state on the countyletter head suggesting that this approval was not a good idea and now it's cost me a new 155 foot $5,400 well!:bang :bang
Robert

Ahh yes, the ole 25' rule! I think it has somthing to do with suction head VS atmospheic pressure at 14.7 as applied to a submersable pump vs a suction pump, no? :scratch

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
It would'nt dare RAIN on us .But if it does thats just more time for bigger stories .AND:cheers :cheers :beerbang :cheers

I've got a big 10' x 20' pop up canopy. I'll bring that along. It's more of a sun shade but I think it's at least somewhat waterproof.

And it looks like Winston's going to make it after all.:deal Check out his new trailer...

Attachments

• 2007july26 027web441.jpg
    2007july26 027web441.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 66
  • 2007july26 039web410.jpg
    2007july26 039web410.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 68

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I wonder if Winston will remember Marcia and me :scratch Does winston know he is being towed by a beer truck :dunno :beerbang

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
We're Here

Hi All,
Bluescreamer, Dynoray, Carl "Wully Bully II" and I made a safe drive from New Jersey/ Eastern Pennsylvania today. We arrived at the hotel @ 3:00pm. Currently it is a light rain, local forecast for tomorrow morning shows showers, then better in the PM, Chance of late day T-Storms Saturday, and just cloudy Sunday. 77 tomorrow, 80 Sat and Sun. We will be heading to the track early, and will wait the arrival of the rest. The four of us will be parked with the Nostalgia Super Stock's, near the staging lanes. We are all looking forward to meeting everybody in person.
Steven