Bolt Pattern Question

rarerodder

Hey guys, who can tell me which heads are gonna match up with my Offy 2X4 intake? I know that it is made for the low performance heads such as the 3732791 and 3758379. Will the truck heads (3819333) also match up? And how about the 1147 and 5586 heads with the 2.06/1.72 valves? I know these last two are labeled as Hi Po's but I read an earlier thread that FATRIDE made a set of 8379's into 1147's but it didn't say if this required changing the intake.

The 348 with a 700R4 is now hanging in the Hudson. Guess it's time to pull it out and start sandblasting.

johnnyrod

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I am useing the 333 heasd with the 206 valves and a tripower. Should work for you. John

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
A Hudson with a "W"!

I sorta forgot you were putting that "W" in a '42 Hudson -- how cool!

Took my wife to see "Cars" at the theatre last week (we were the only ones without a 5 year old :)) and just got an itch for a 1951 Hudson. About 2 months ago fella who does some earth moving for me, a devoted Chevy man, saw my 409 car and knowing I like older cars offered to sell a pair of 1951 Hudsons to me for a fair price. At the time, i declined, having soooo many other projects going on. Now I'm thinking I at least owe him the courtesy of looking at them...

This basically means I go over there with cash in hand. Watch out! :). I know there are several models of Hudsons, some more revered than others, so I bought a book on the history of Hudsons and anxiously await it's arrival. If that thing has two carburetors on it, I'm all over it!!!

Don't worry, I'll still maintain my absolute fascination with 1961 and 1962 Chevies (and the ocassional Pontiac, so long as it's a sport coupe!).

Cheers,
TomK

rarerodder

Thanks Tom! One things for sure, I probably won't be able to start much of a club for W powered 42 Hudson streetrods. I don't have the front clip on the car but that 348 fits like a glove. I have a few 'cosmetic' tricks I'll be using for this engine that I can't wait to show everyone. But, that's down the road a bit.

As for that 51 you mentioned, the twin carburetor setup was called the TWIN-H POWER option and is highly coveted in the Hudson circle. It was only available in the stepdown model years (48-54). The word stepdown was slang for these models because the floor pan of the car was literally below the frame rails (factory channeling). Thus, you stepped down into the car when you got in. And, the '51 & '52 models were by far the most beautiful of the stepdown years!

Maybe a W-powered 51 Hudson? I'll change the name of the club to just W-Hudsons!

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I can see it now !!

Stuff that 409 in a Hudson !!! BADDDDDD!!:brow

Attachments

• het162.jpeg
    het162.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 27
  • het161.jpeg
    het161.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 26