Bought alum lite weight yesterday

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
If it’s anything like my son’s F150 with it’s turbos, it’s a screamer.
But my son didn’t like the brakes that much, so he up’d the size with the first brake job.

Dave

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I thought I would see a nice shinny new aluminum car trailer, not a F%#d. My father in law just got a new F150 a couple months ago. It spent a few weeks in the shop with under a 1000 mikes on it. They were tracking down an issue with the four wheel drive hubs. After it wiped out a couple of hubs they tracked the problem to a bad vacuum switch. What a screwy locking hub design.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I thought I would see a nice shinny new aluminum car trailer, not a F%#d. My father in law just got a new F150 a couple months ago. It spent a few weeks in the shop with under a 1000 mikes on it. They were tracking down an issue with the four wheel drive hubs. After it wiped out a couple of hubs they tracked the problem to a bad vacuum switch. What a screwy locking hub design.
Good thing Mike is in brake business and sell's rotors because if they haven't improved brakes since 2012 and lower when I retired we was either resurfacing rotors front and rear or replacing like they were going out of style. Even had a lot of repeats on same vehicles many times after a period of time. They would shutter so bad . We resurfaced on the vehicle with a on hub lathe ,so they were done correct.They knew they had a problem as warranty seemed to cover them even after basic warranty was out within reason of time.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You guys crack me up. With 13.7" rotors all the way around, fronts are 1.3" thick and rears are 1" thick, the brakes are awesome

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Did you trade your other truck in,.?? Can't remember what it was , but I did remember at the time I liked it. Maybe brakes are better these days.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Both my 02 and 06 f250 4x4 diesels went 75,000 on the fronts and the backs still had plenty of life.