Bought alum lite weight yesterday

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Actually I leased the F150. They came out with a $169/mo for 24 months. Cheap lease. So I jumped on it. Part of it was my 2014 GMC was fine with 33000 miles but I did want a back seat and more power just in case. So the lease required $5000 up front, they gave me $15000 for the GMC and cut me a check for the balance, So I drove out with a new truck and $10K in my pocket. Driving this Behind the scene is I might need to spend $18000 for septic tank repairs

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Isn' that the way it goes Mike, you get ahead and some shit comes up!!! Wow you can't beat that lease for sure.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The only new Ford car I bought in 1996 went through 4 complete sets of front and rear rotors in 44000 miles, rears went when the car had 4000 miles on it. I do highway driving and have had original rotors go 150,000 miles.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
The only new Ford car I bought in 1996 went through 4 complete sets of front and rear rotors in 44000 miles, rears went when the car had 4000 miles on it. I do highway driving and have had original rotors go 150,000 miles.

Don, I have 265,000 miles on my 2007 ES350 rotors. I have cleaned them up on a lathe a couple of times and are needing it now but have other more pressing items.
Robert

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Robert

The first thing we do after mounting a new aluminum box is to put a plastic liner in the floor and part way up the sides. Replace about every three years. A lot easier than replacing the floor and the strength of the box is not weakened. Just don't haul big stuff.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Robert

The first thing we do after mounting a new aluminum box is to put a plastic liner in the floor and part way up the sides. Replace about every three years. A lot easier than replacing the floor and the strength of the box is not weakened. Just don't haul big stuff.
You mount aluminum boxes? More details needed. :laugh2:laugh2:laugh2