Bowling Green, KY. Hot Rod Reunion 2015

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I guess it was 5 hours to Glasgow in a big truck, I'm thinking of.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Got a call from Bryan Fugate so we can add him to the list of guys coming to the HOT ROD REUNION don't forget to buy your tickets early to get the discount, the dead line is MAY 29th........:happy

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Guys, if you are planning to attend this event May 29th is the deadline for the early entry and the discount but you have to go to the website and print the entry form off then send it with your check in the mail they won't let you pay them over the phone so give yourself plenty of time to do this.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Martin, just finished up on my hotel accommodations for myself & son & sent out the registration for the show & shine today.
Should be rolling in town sometime the 18th with 62 on the trailer. It's a 7 hr trip from Akron. We're staying at the Sync hotel, so until then let's see if we can coordinate something for a gathering of minds. This will be a first time at Bowling Green, so need some help as far to when and where it's best to meet up.

Dave

mike bell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Martin
I got my reunion tickets in today's mail. Only eight more weeks!!!!! We're still not sure if I'll bring the car not- I'd sure like to. I was wondering just what your plans were? Are you going to be in the show-n-shine that weekend? Also we need to figure how to get everyone together, somewhere! Another question, is there a 409 residing between the fenders yet. I've been waiting for some news, but nothing yet!!!'!!!! Mike

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Guys been on call, this is my last night, but I am very excited about this event, If we can find out when every one is coming in then we can get something in stone, I am taking off work Thursday, and Friday, so I will be around all day, I would love to have a get together Thursday night, if I know who is planning on being here Thursday I can plan something for all of us, Friday we will have a couple of canopies set up at the track so we can hang out together out of the sun with a couple of grills going, bring a chair we will be right on the track so we won't miss anything, Mike Bell was with us last year so he knows exactly where we will be, Friday night after the races, we have a car show where they are expecting us, there will be a band, prizes, a grill will be going and we will have our own section for our cars, then sat, we go back to the track and hang out again, basically just like Friday same canopies, grill coolers, bring a chair. Mike its been raining here so the engine isn't in yet but we were suppose to put it in last week, gonna try next week, waiting for an empty space at my guys shop to get the job done, it WILL be in there before the HOT ROD REUNION. Dave glad to hear you are coming, Beautiful car can't wait to meet you. Mearl, Steve, Bryan, looking forwad to seeing all of you,Mike I know you will be here Thursday so you and Dianne can call me when you get in, I might need your help.so guys let me know when you will be coming in.......:burnout

mike bell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Martin
We'll be down there sometime between noon and two, so just let me know what you need! Mike and Mandy will be with us so they can do whatever you need and we can supervise and have a cold one!!!!!! I'll call you when time gets closer. Scott and Lonnie were talking about coming down but I don't know for sure yet . I guess I need to give them a call fairly soon! GO WORK ON THAT MOTOR! Talk soon Mike

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Mike that reminds me, talked to Scott they are coming, and also Scott I talked to the hot rod reunion guys and they said HOT ROD ELIMINATOR would be the class you would want to run in, but there may be another class they are talking about and you can change when you get there, either way you can have time trials Thursday, and then decide what class you want to run in. Myself I'm just going to watch and hang out with the guys, but I will have my car

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Darn, sure sorry to miss this one !!! Sounds like the band is all going to be there. Have a great time and drink a couple for Linda and I.

Travel safe
Bill and Linda

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Martin, trying to get the 62 finished. If I don't we'll just drive both down. Can't wait to see everyone again.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
:drive......Scott I am very excited about seeing everyone, Linda has also taken off work so she can help get things ready, Mike Bell is coming in around 2:00 Thursday, and he's ready to help it should be a really good time, I have a couple of guys that are going to the track early and set up our area so it won't matter when everyone gets here we will have a great place at the track right beside the track to get together and just have fun while cooking out and watching the races both days..................
:burnout......:flag....:burnout it will be great racin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Martin, I've wanted to go to one of these reunions for years, so we're not bringing a car. I just want to watch racing, look at cars and visit with you guys. We'll be there Thursday afternoon, as well.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Mearl, just get down here, you will have a blast great racing, great show, food ain't bad it's gonna be fun with or without a car, this is really a good race to attend, coming in Thursday will give us all some time to get together and make sure everyone knows where we are, the only thing you need to bring is a cooler and a chair...............:dance:guitar:drinking:drunkI'll pm you my number when you get into town Thursday call me........ you are close to everything so you won't have to go far,

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
It's official, I'm in as I just received my 3 days of tickets and car show parking sticker.
So the hotel & show are now taken care of at Bowling Green.
See everyone on sometime on June 18th.

Dave

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Dave thats great I got mine a couple weeks ago, I'll get a list of everyone who's coming in on Thursday and have a little get together and let everyone know where we will be Friday and Sat at the track, Looking forward to meeting you

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
:doh Guys the website for early entry for the HOT ROD REUNION is nhramuseum.org............. not .com...:doh......sorry , the deadline for early entry is May 29th so anyone planning to attend get your tickets now and save some money:D

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
My buddy James and I are hoping to join in on the fun.
We're starting back on the '62 BA 409 car and hope to be ready to tow her out to Kentucky and do some testing.
We've got a list of things we'd like accomplish, but it's feasible.
James removed the front bumper, and we're doing some floor pan strengthening before we take her out again.
Gonna go with the existing rear end, but will probably take a spare :).

Here's a shot of her sitting outside at James' place:
IMG_9638.JPG
That's James' Charger that he's been racing for a few years. I've converted him to a "409 fan" over the years :).

IMG_9640.JPG

IMG_9641.JPG

Wish us good luck in getting ready!

TomK