Bowling Green, KY. Hot Rod Reunion 2015

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Well, as things go. My Mother, 87 years old had three stents put in her heart two weeks ago. She lives in Fla. I talked to my brother today and the only time we have a window to get there is the second week in June. We usually keep the trip to around nine days. That means I will not be able to go to Bowling Green. Family had other plans for me this year. Maybe not to many trips to Fla. left. It's not even a question.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
She is a tough ole bird. Two days after her stent procedure she was giving her husband what for when I was on the phone with her so I knew she was ok. Really though she sounded pretty weak. Quite an ordeal for an 87 year old lady. My brother and I ride the Harley's down every year. Getting two old men, especially brothers to agree on what date we're going down is also an ordeal! I still have three more race dates written on the calendar. The best laid schemes O' mice an' men, as they say.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Sorry to hear your mother had the stent proceedure Ray.......hope everything's well.........

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Coming into the home stretch guys...................................been real busy trying to get things ready for the BIG event, .......can...... not ...wait to see all of you............can't wait,.....if there is anybody sitting on the fence go ahead and just come on.............. you won't regret it............:burnout :flag :burnout

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
It's not looking good for James and I to make the trek to BG in a few weeks. We removed the front seats and took a good look at the pans and decided we needed more structure there. Things are going to come apart before they go back together, and it's going to be interesting where we stop in removing thin metal :(.

Now we're looking into July and and event in August.

You guys have fun, wish we could be there.

TomK

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
sorry to hear about the car, but ya'll come on down anyway, relax and enjoy the show and the company............:brow

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
:burnout12 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm pushin it as always, but should be ready for the HOT ROD REUNION, and if everything goes right.......... head out to meet some of ya'll at Union Grove July 25th and 26th............. the next month and a half aught to be a real blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!:burnout :flag :burnout

Tri5man

Well Known Member
Bub6le 2op, Will be arriving BG early Thursday morning in the black 63 BelAir 2 door post car thats my 348-409 avatar. I usually park in the trees back aways behind the start line. I'm not bald, not fat but will be wearing a car shirt so you can recognize me (just kidding). I'd like to meet up with y'all at the track and attend the evening activities as well. Where are you going to set up and how will I find y'all? Can you PM me your cell number?

Just about eight days until the best event I know of.

Steve (64chevydude) I'm also staying at the Drury Inn just ofF of I65 exit 22. The Drury is first class and no worries about the area.

GARY

Last edited:

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Gary, my son & I are planning to arrive on the Thursday the 18th around 3pm or so. We've never been to the reunion so as soon as we can sign-in at the hotel we'll bring the car in. How does the parking work? Is it park where you can or are the spaces assigned? I'll sent you a personal message with our phone numbers tomorrow. I have another friend that coming in sometime Friday from Nashville, but his vet is to new park at the show. But as I said he's only in for Friday.

Dave

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Dave, I'll send you a PM with my number so you can call when you get in, we have some guys coming in Wed, and some Thursday, and then some more on Friday, I have a guy going out on Wed to get us a spot, so I can tell everyone where we will be after he gets it, i'm suppose to have an inside lead on a few things but we'll see how that works out, anyway I will know more about the spot Thursday morning, Gary, I will PM you also with my number and i'll be around anytime Thursday, so call and I'll get directions to you for Thursday night get together, anyone else need my number let me know, I think most of you have it, call me so we can all get together

Martin

Tri5man

Well Known Member
Martin, I'm leaving early Thursday morning for Beech Bend and hadn't planned on bringing a computer. If at all possible can you PM your cell number by Wednesday night?

Gary