Brake Vac booster

64ImpSS

Well Known Member
Been working on my 64 SS Convertible 409 and have received the wrong vacuum boost r twice from Hubbards Impala parts in NC. Does anybody know where to get the correct one?

Thanks

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If you're looking for an actual 1964 booster I can't help. You'll need to find a used one and have it rebuilt. Booster Dewey may have some. I think he 's in Washington state?? Maybe Oregon, should be in Hemmings or just google him. They used a single 9" with a raised lever type bracket and single master.

blkss64

Well Known Member
Yes , Booster Dewey is in Portland, Oregon. He has a website and he does very nice work. The standard rebuilt boosters are painted black. He does plating as well. Another source for a 64 booster would be Jody Anderson. He is located in Minnesota. He is the go to guy for 64 Chevys. He might have one already rebuilt, ready to go. Rock Auto is also a source but their boosters can have quality issues. 64 Chevys had two different boosters. Delco-Moraine and Bendix. Good luck.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I have a extra original booster. Not rebuilt but can be rebuilt by Booster Dewey.
I have 2 original power brake boosters on my 62's,both rebuilt by Booster Dewey . My most recent one on my 62 Impala SS convertible that in my opinion stops as good as my 4 wheel disc brake 62 SS Hardtop.
Paul

64ImpSS

Well Known Member
Awesome guys! Thanks for the info. I have the original so I'll check it first but I'm sure it'll need rebuilt and I'd rather have it plated than paint it. But if I can't get a replacement that is the original style I'll work with the one I have. The two that have been sent to me will not even work with my factory bracket.
Thank you.