Browning 71 wanted

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I am on the lookout for a Browning model 71. I will be having it converted from .348 caliber to 50-110. I don’t really need one, but I have been wanting a thumper that can take most any animal as 50-110 can be loaded to over 6000 pounds of energy! Imagine the rush touching that thing off. Anyways, that’s what I am up to this winter.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Ive moved on from the 45-70. Nice, but there is more to be had. I had one in a 1886 Winchester. Nice gun. Just looking for a new rush. The 50-110 eclipsed the 45-70. I will reload for the 50-110 so I can tailor the ammo to the rifle. Big bore lever actions are a thrill.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I am on the lookout for a Browning model 71. I will be having it converted from .348 caliber to 50-110. I don’t really need one, but I have been wanting a thumper that can take most any animal as 50-110 can be loaded to over 6000 pounds of energy! Imagine the rush touching that thing off. Anyways, that’s what I am up to this winter.
You know a 45-70 govt. can be loaded close to the equipment of a .458 Win Mag If you are using a Ruger #1 or a Siamese Mauser action, thats a lot of wallop!

dakota tom

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My father's cousin a mile away had some O gauge guns. His nephew stole them for drug money.