Bucket Seats

Kaycee

Well Known Member
I'm gearing up to re-skin my seats and just finished with replacing, repairing some of the springs . On the side of the seats there are some support springs. On the side towards the door there are some clips there for another spring. Are there suppose to be 2 springs on this side ? I grabbed some off my parts seat and installed them seems it would aid in the dominant side of sitting and sliding in.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I have multiple originals with no material on them and one seat with new springs
Pictures can be available.
Paul

Kaycee

Well Known Member
Don't really need a pic but that would be great ,I am talking about bucket seats , I only had 1 spring on both sides of both seats .Just saw that there was an extra set of spring catches (ears) or whatever you call them on the outer side but none on the inside. I'll have to look on the bench seat I have and see if there is another space on it .

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I have 4 extra sets of bucket seats to look at. I will check them.
Paul

Kaycee

Well Known Member
Did you ever look at the springs ? I don't think it will interfere with any thing when I reskin them . Any pictures or videos that would help in the install ? I watched some videos on youtube and the rear bench looks pretty straight forword looks like the buckets are a little more challenging though.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Here are pictures of original 1962 to 64 Chevy fold at a angle bucket seats.
  1. The first two pictures below are of a set with new springs.
  2. The last two pictures below are of a original set of springs.
  • Note the One side brace on the springs in all 4 pictures.
  • Also note that the front corner springs (on the originals)they have one bend in the spring just above the seat frame
  • On Original seat frame ( the last two pictures) --- the new front corner springs that the spring is straight to the seat frame.

IMG_0024-001.JPGIMG_0027-001.JPGIMG_0028-001.JPGIMG_0030-001.JPG
Paul

Kaycee

Well Known Member
Thanks for the pics ,like I said my seats have an extra set of ears and I put another spring there to aid in support which I don't belive is going to hurt anything if anything it will help me and my fat as$ slidding in and out.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I have at 2 to 4 sets of original springs with the side springs -that I can remove from the springs I took off my original
buckets seats.
Paul

Kaycee

Well Known Member
This is what mine look like I already put the springs in from a donor seat I have. ,thanks any ways
I was just looking again at your pics and the 2nd and 4 th pic. have the ears (clips) I were referring to

Attachments

• seat spring 1.jpg
    seat spring 1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Seat spring 2.jpg
    Seat spring 2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Kaycee

Well Known Member
Well got them pretty much done ,I'm thinking when we have that 1 nice sunny day I can park it ouside and get rid of some of the wrinkles ,GOD knows I tugged on them every which way to eliminate them. Now to redo the dash pad .Thanks all for the help

Attachments

• completed seat.jpg
    completed seat.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 21