Bucket seats

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
To my knowledge seats that fold straight forward are 65 our newer.
For example 65 impala SS seats fold straight forward, 62-64 impala SS seat fold at a angle.

Pontiac Buick or olds seats maybe

Reactions: 327

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I think the shape of the seat bottom says GM. I think we are talking Pontiac Bonnieville seats around 1960.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Absolutely agree on more colors for Pontiac, especially the Bonnievilles. I am just thinking somewhere around there and GM. The first are a 60 Buick. The second which does not have the same bottom has similar backs and its 1958 Pontiac. Just some thoughts, could be completely off track.

Buick.jpg1958 pontiac.jpg

Last edited:

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I bet if someone was looking for those seats they would be impossible to find seeming how they are so early

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Someone did a custom job on those 58' Pontiac seats. I hate when the lines don't line up between the two cushions.

• Wow

JW5134866

Well Known Member
Thanks for all the info - I’m gonna put them on the ole inner web and see what I can get for them - they been in storage long enough,

61-63

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
They were '59/'60'/'61 hard back buckets and were in Cadillacs, Buicks, Olds, and Pontiacs. There is a very nice pair on Facebook right now for $3500 but they don't have the mounting brackets which differed by make. I have a pair of restored shells and stainless I will sell I'd have to think about what I'd want for them. There was an ad in '61 showing a set of them in a '61 Impala convertible although they were never offered in Chevys. As someone said '58 Bonnevilles also had them but the bottom shells were slightly different than the '59-'61 shells.