bucket t smoking

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I have been fiddling with this for a while. Right now I have smoke out the right side. as it warms up it get worse. more heat more smoke. I was hopping to get it street worthy with out any major changes. I can have it smoking like this. I have a few ideas, but I want to here from some from the experienced folks here be fore I tear into it.

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Are you still running the cross ram?
oh yea!! :cool::metal Its just another plain small block with out it. :bore3
Suckimg oil under intake ports????
didn't think of that. i guess it could be. I was careful putting it back on.
Do a wet compression test , see if reading's come up. You mentioned some blow by. Also do a cylinder pressure test with valves closed .
I can give it a try. I expect the reading would have to come up unless it was bad enough to blow the oil past the rings. I don't think 150 is that bad. It depends on the CR and the cam timing and I don't know either.

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
sorry been a while. Wish I could.... no booster and never hooked up the mod valve. Couldn't be that simple..... Ha may it is. ran it about 3 miles doing shake downs, came back and it wasn't smoking.:dunno:winner stuck ring? On to the next descuvery. it has a nasty death wobble. been getting it better. more toe in, more positive caster. fix a few other little things oil leak coolant leak. Put in carpet this week end.

IMG_0507.jpeg
put the 33s back on. went about 2 mile messing around. with the rake it seemed better. I guess the caster changed a bit.
Not done yet :bang:burnout:driver