'bullet' bob reed prayers

409 lever

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I just got back from a trip to NC to see bullet. he has recently been diagnosed with lung cancer and is not doing well. really sucks seeing someone that has so much knowledge and is so fun to be around get kicked in the balls like this, bob is the king of one liners. he is starting radiation this week and in my opinion not strong enough. it has been said bob reed taught Ronnie sox how to shift a 4 speed.15740737_10154606582960041_8940743676817765511_n.jpg

409 lever

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
just found out today bob wants his cars at rockingham next weekend april 1st for the mopar show. my buddy, danny will be driving his legal car and bobs friend lenny will be in his matchrace car. we are going back down on Wednesday to make a couple of hits at moresville dragway so danny can get familiar with pullin the lever in a SS/A car. with all that is going on we are going to make this a great weekend for bullet. anyone that is in the area to join us for some racing and beer drinking and good ole ball bustin.

409 lever

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
danny went a 8.89-153. good time even though bob was too sick to come out. met some great people down there in the last couple of weeks, bullets crew guys dave and lenny are really great guys. met George gabel former roush head engine builder and his girl sue, George brought bob riffle of rod shop drag team fame to the track on Saturday and I got to talk with him for a good amount of time. Bullet had radiation on wed, thurs, and Friday, he still is busting balls and making the best of his situation. heard some awesome storys of the old days of drag racing wish I could have recorded some of it, these tales will be lost in the not so distant future.
even though I am a GM guy, those hemis are friggin badass.

409 lever

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
my buddy dan meile told me a story on what bob said of Ronnie soxs passing. danny dont feel bad for him the MF'er raced hemis all over the country and had babies all over the country, he lived a good life.
RIP, BULLET BOB REED SS/AH 245017799960_10209076495975140_8706078816127819974_n.jpg

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
We are loosing too many of the old guard..... Even though I don't personally know many of these great folks, it saddens me to hear of their passing.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Anybody who can drive an A car has to be one of the best of the good guys. They went 9.50's when I started racing Stock Eliminator in the 1980's.

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I met Bob Reed back in the mid 90s at Bradenton Florida.They had a test and tune night out at the track and Bob was there with one of his cars,he was quite a talker and was enjoying what he was doing and yes we are losing to many of the people who made our sport/car hobby what is is.