Bumper jack to use for 1961 to 1964 Chevy’s — Help....

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I tried to install one of my 1962/1963 Chevy jacks in the trunk of my 1962 Chevy Convertible.
Non of the 5 jacks I have would fit.
The jack posts are too long - I never noticed this before..........
If the jacks are positioned like they are shown on the Convertible jack instruction sheet my 33 inch long jack posts don’t fit.
I have one jack with a 30 inch jack post and it will fit in the factory Convertible mounting location.

Is this correct that my other 62/63 jacks will only work on non Convertible models ??
I can post pictures of jacks and mounting them in the trunk.

Paul

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm definitely not any kind of expert on jacks, but maybe the 63 is not the same as the 62 (length)

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
There was a TSB in 61 on convertible jack stowage changes but I don't recall any changes to the length.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
The best I can recall on my 1st 62 Impala conv, back in 63, was the jack sat under the tire from the shelf near the wheel well, to the rear tail panel. (I don’t have my new 62 home right now to Measure.) it was a somewhat tight fit.
I used to angle it to almost to the quarter panel to give it more room.

Dave

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Paul....all the jacks per year were the same. I believe the hold down bolt for the convertible was different.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Pictures coming, I have 3 or 4 -33 inch long jacks that will not fit in the convertible mounting location on 61 to 64's
Paul