buried 57 plymouth

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
time capsule

I hope they check it before they open it in front of all those people. They might be unpleasently suprised !
Thinks happen to a car over a 50 year period.:dunno

bobs409

Administrator
That is soooo Cool! :deal

I'm assuming they put the car into something, then buried it. Right? If it was just buried by itself, there is probably nothing left to it.

Edit: scratch that, I found where they mentioned it being in a vault. Maybe we should have a poll on the cars condition. Guess what it looks like and see who is right.

Bob

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Chrysler at about that time quit doing any rust preventive measures as a cost cutting thing. So if no effort was made to dehumidify the atmosphere around the car it will probably be in pieces. That is why you see so few Chrysler products from 57 through 59.:stooges Roy

Rockfish39

Supporting Member 1
It will be in very good shape

Chrysler at about that time quit doing any rust preventive measures as a cost cutting thing. So if no effort was made to dehumidify the atmosphere around the car it will probably be in pieces. That is why you see so few Chrysler products from 57 through 59.:stooges Roy

I read a complete article about the time capsule event that happened in Tulsa, OK in 1957. That car was drained of all fluids and was encased in cosmoline in its entirety. It was then wrapped in oil impregnated canvass and was encased in a concrete tomb underground. Effectively making a large scale hermetically sealed chamber. We all heard stories about WW-II Jeeps (US Army surplus) that were packed in cosmoline and stored for 30+ years before they were auctioned off. Many of those were in really good shape in the 70s

This Plymouth is going to be IN GOOD SHAPE!!!!! I just wouldn't want to be stuck with having to clean off all that cosmoline :yuk

Rock :cool:

Speed

Supporting Member 1
not trying to derail the '57 plymouth event..
but in my world...Harold Bradley coming into our town on a *Friday night in his loud (nice) '57 white (with the gold trim) Fury..furthered my dreams of having the baddest hot rods i could have ( and buddy..i had 'em)..
oh yes, that '57 plymouth was gorgeous (to me) Harold was smart and answered my dumb "kid" questions honestly............

I hope there is something left of the one that was buried so long ago.*

* where the hell have all those years gone ?????